RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BUTTON REWORK - PSEUDO ZOOM

Posted by Admin 
BUTTON REWORK - PSEUDO ZOOM
January 11, 2012 09:56PM
I reworked the buttons on my site to make use of the RTD PDF viewer of the designer image - we've had a "zoom" type function all along. smiling smiley

http://designer.realtimedesigner.com/stickerz/index.php&tng=Y3BpPTc1JmNwaXM9MTQwJmNwaXNfdz0yMiZjcGlzX2g9MTImY3RpZz0w

The function is limited but I'm sure if we can get a consensus, Alex might be able to enhance it (higher resolution, allow watermarks/logos/etc)

To activate this feature go to the product configure area - > CONFIGURE GENERATOR -> Enable "Save still image" button

The default button makes no mention of the zoom - change the button as you wish.

Also, i restyled my "manage your designs" button from "save design" to "my designs" which is much more appropriate.

Please let me know your impression.

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 11:08PM by Admin.
Re: BUTTON REWORK - PSEUDO ZOOM
January 14, 2012 03:52PM
I don't see this as a zoom feature really. I wish it would just zoom. Something to check out is DecoNetwork - their approach is to use the zoom only on the bg color and not the actual bg image.
Re: BUTTON REWORK - PSEUDO ZOOM
January 15, 2012 05:23AM
For what I saw, Deconetwork style is to only zoom over a specific Item.
This could be good for products like shirts, but not a good approach for online design in general (as RTD is), because some items on some products could be just as big as the entire design area itself.

This is not really a zoom, actually Mark called it pseudo-zoom: but the used style is similar to the solution used by another big market player.

As metnioned, if needed i can allow that feature to provide an higher resolution, which will provide a better zooming experience itself. The idea of using PDF files is to allow complete freedom to customers in exploring the design, without having to code something specific and complicated on our end to manage zoom itself.

Would be nice to hear other RTD users opinion too on this, in order to decide which the best method could be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login