Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Few Bugs

Posted by DjDale 
A Few Bugs
March 25, 2008 03:46PM
Account: thetfactory
RE: Problems with the pricing matrix

I'm loading the designer with some T-Shirt blanks and testing the price matrix for each. I have a bug when there is only one color being submitted. It gives me a negative amount and gives the user a warning that something is wrong with the order and needs to be submitted for quote.

I am setting the matrix for dark garments, at COLOR BASED (up to 4 colors) and imputting the variiables. I tes in the sandbox and everything is OK until I test the ONE COLOR option and it gives me a negative amount, different than anything I have assigned.

Also, I have a problem when the OUTLINE feature is used. Is the outline color figured in to the color amount for the total price? For example, designing on a black shirt, the user puts in red text (one color) then outlines that text with white. Is that now TWO COLORS? I think it only registers it as one still, but it would take TWO to Print it.

Also, could you add a few features?

1) DEFALT CLIPART COLOR. For PNG images only. (designing on a black shirt for example, the PNG clipart would be the DEFAULTED to WHITE for example.

2) (FOR DIRECT TO GARMENT PRINTERS) PRINT BASED feature. We charge by the PRINT and not the colors for some light garments (White, ash, etc) therefore we charge only a set price for one side, and a second for two sides, third for sleeve, fourth for other sleeve, etc.

We could imput into the matrix SECOND SIDE PRINT COST, RIGHT SLEEVE PRINT COST, LEFT SLEEVE PRINT COST, POCKET AREA PRINT COST...and so forth.

THANKS,

Dale

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2008 04:23PM by DjDale.
Re: A Few Bugs
March 25, 2008 11:12PM
Pricing Matrix issue

It's not a bug, you simply missed to enter a field.
The "add 1 color" field is used if your colorcount is > than the max "colors" row found.
In your case, you have rows for:

2 colors
3 colors
4 colors
add 1 color
fullcolor

In other words, the "add 1 color" value is added only if colorcount is >= 5
To have it fixed you will only need to add a new colors row for 1 color.
We did it for you, filling the "1 color" row with the same values found in the "add 1 color" row.
If you need to change them, please check and fix the values

Outline colorcount issue
Your outline issue is confirmed, evenif in a different form (issue is related to BGcolor and used colors).
We're currently working on that, i will post here as soon as it will be solved (probably tomorrow)

Default clipart color request
Thinking about that, will let you know soon

Side pricing request
currently, to charge for differnt sides, you will need to define products like: T Shirt Front only; Tshirt 2 sides,; T Shirt 2 sides and One Sleeve.....
we are currently investigating being able to price an item with various printed sides.

Alex
March 26, 2008 03:00AM
Thanks guys! I knew you'd be on top ot this! you guys are great!

Dale
March 26, 2008 09:48AM
Outline colorcount issue again
Issue solved!
The key for that is in "Configure Pricing Structure" area.
I added a new toggle there, "Ignore background color in colorcount?", which is defaulted to no.
If yes (which is what is needed in your case), bgcolor will be ignored and so, if you have a text with that same color, colorcount will not be reduced.

In simpler words: if you will enter a white text and that option is YES, you will correctly use colorcount=1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login