Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Custom E-Mail Template Issues

Posted by mycustomhoodies 
Custom E-Mail Template Issues
March 02, 2020 12:33PM
Alex,
Was just looking over e-mail templates and wanting to refresh them. A couple items of discussion:

1. On the "order submtital to company" and "order submittal to customer" it's always bothered me that at the top of the e-mail, it shows the date, e-mail sent to and link to admin on the company one, and then on the customer it shows the date and their e-mail. It just seems redundant and unnecessary. Is there a way to turn this option off at a company level. There are some things I want to do with this e-mail templates, and that top text is really going to take away from the custom look of it. I already include most of that text in my e-mail, so don't see a need for it to be automatically generated at the top of the e-mail as well.

2. I tried testing the "EMAIL TO REGISTERED USERS ONLY WHEN THEY SAVE A DESIGN" e-mail. It's been years since I have tried it and I did not receive an e-mail, even though I have it turned on. I am wondering if this feature still works or can confirm that it should be working when my customers save a design.

Hoping to start having more discussion as I am finishing up a new design version of my RTD. Thanks
Re: Custom E-Mail Template Issues
March 03, 2020 03:09AM
Hi there!

#1 first.
Yes, those emails adds the block you mentioned on top. I see your point though, and so I added the option you asked for.
It's in SYSTEM OPTIONS => Configure Emails.
For both company and customer submittal section there's now a new Prepend date/email header before body option, defaulted to yes. Set it to no and you should be good to go!

Next, #2.
Yes, the feature is on. I checked the database, and I see several of such emails registered in there (I'm not publishing full email addresses for privacy).
To see if and what went wrong, I also looked at the mail logs in all the servers. Because of log rotation I could see only details about emails sent after March 1st.
In the DB I found 3 of such email, all sent on the 2nd. They had been sent to:
info@mycus[...]ch.com
the[...]gers@gmail.com
hayl[....]20@gmail.com

But in the logs I see what happened to each of those. Specifically:
info@mycus[...]ch.com: dsn=5.1.1, stat=User unknown
the[...]gers@gmail.com: dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
hayl[....]20@gmail.com: dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

the info one is yours. And it failed with that log error.
As you also got an order on the 1st I checked the email log for that too. But in ther I found the correct "dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent"
So, it looks like something happened on your end on the 2nd. Could it be?
March 06, 2020 04:17PM
Alex,
Thanks for implementing that change! Worked perfect!

As far as the saved design issue, maybe it was because I saved with the same e-mail that is the same as my account login for the admin of RTD. Not sure, but tried it with a different e-mail address and it worked so maybe it was just a glitch, but I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for this improvement!
March 07, 2020 01:12AM
Ok, great! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login