RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

added product to category not showing up in list

Posted by customsigncenter-1 
added product to category not showing up in list
July 10, 2018 11:45AM
I have a product category of 6" x 24" Stock Riders under the 4Signs store, see visual 1
now I want it to show up on our website like visual 2
but when I go to the list to get the link - visual 3
Walk Out Lower Lower Level does not show up in the list see visual 4
even though it shows up in the manage products under 4 Signs Products => REAL ESTATE PRODUCTS => 6" x 24" STOCK RIDERS
there are 84 products under this category, is there some sort of limit that I've passed?
how do I get it to show there so I can get the instant order link to add into my webpage.
thanks for your help.
Attachments:
open | download - rtd-help1.jpg (771.6 KB)
open | download - rtd-help2.jpg (632.8 KB)
open | download - rtd-help3.jpg (1.46 MB)
open | download - rtd-help4.jpg (343.8 KB)
Re: added product to category not showing up in list
July 10, 2018 11:49AM
Currently I'm using another store's template for this real estate rider it's got a red button,
see link below
http://4signs.com/item/644-walkout-lower-level

but 4signs button is black with white text. see link below for the one with black button
http://4signs.com/item/376-walkout

I need to fix this - for consistency, please let me know how to do that.
thanks
July 11, 2018 11:22AM
There's no limit, however you REALLY have alot of stores in there.
SYSTEM OPTIONS => Configure Store layouts and in the dropdown select your "4Signs.com Stock Riders" store.
On bottom there's the list of products assinged to the store. As a very 1st thing, can you verify if the ones you'd like to see in there are actually all checked?

Now about the button look.
The 1st link is iframing a link fromy your main store, while the 2nd is from the "4SignscomStockRiders" one.
Store has their own styles too, so that's where to look.

The location is the same as above (SYSTEM OPTIONS => Configure Store layouts).
You can see that your "4Signs.com Stock Riders" store is actuyally using style5, while main store uses style1.
Inspecting the page you see that the "button" isn't even a button: it's an image, which you can change by editing the style and going in the "ICONS AND IMAGES" section.
Specifically, it's the "Catalog buttons: add unprinted product to cart" one.
If you want them to be the same, just download the one of style1 and replace with it the one in style5
July 12, 2018 11:22AM
Good morning. smiling smiley yes I inherited this mess and I'd love to clean it up but am afraid to move things around. I went in to fix the button from your instruction and after I logged in I noticed more than 89 new categories that were not in there yesterday.
see attached pdf the highlighted lines were not in there yesterday and most of them are reflected in my parking & traffic sign category of products.

can you tell me where they came from and how to make them go away? not sure how they got there but there is only one other person authorized to make changes in our RTD and that is our web developer, Chris, who has not been in RTD for days. So I'm thinking it was something you did yesterday that made all of these show up like this.
Please help me.

thanks
Attachments:
open | download - RTD-categories.pdf (85.1 KB)
July 12, 2018 11:23AM
forgot to hit the follow topic button
doing that now
July 12, 2018 03:29PM
I'm pretty confused here. My insructions were pretty precise tongue sticking out smiley
You said you fixed the button, but I still see the black one in the 2nd link: so to understand, you actually tried to fix it or not? If so, what exactly you did?

As per the categories, I cannot understand where you picked that list from. Seems just your full RTD cproduct listing.
Yesterday I did nothing in there, I just looked for store names: but change nor saved nothing.
So to answer your question I first have to ask where you pulled that list from, and which store it is from.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 03:29PM by Alex.
July 12, 2018 03:37PM
I got pulled away before I could finish changing the button. so it's not been done yet. I found it ok, no problem, just didn't have time to finish.

as for the list, I clicked Manage & Define Products
clicked the pull down list and all of these categories just popped up. I didn't do anything that would add products but regardless all the ones I highlighted were not there yesterday. I have all of my parking, safety and traffic signs under PARKING & TRAFFIC SIGNS category. I do not understand why they just now popped up and want them to go back where they came from. lol
Attachments:
open | download - product list.jpg (635.4 KB)
July 13, 2018 02:39AM
Well, that list is simply showing you all of your products (of course).
But I see no reason for them not being there yesterday. If they're there, they've simply ALWAYS had been there.
In your PDF you higlighted, for example, the bery top 3 Way Int. from Bottom (RR on Right) category.
Looking in our server I can say you that product is there by Oct 5th 2012...
July 13, 2018 08:23AM
I am in RTD daily and I can assure you they did not show up until yesterday.
regardless of whether your system says they were there in 2012, they were not in that list until yesterday morning.

4signs has ALWAYS been the first one to show up in the list, which is what caught me by surprise when I logged in yesterday morning.
there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.
July 13, 2018 08:31AM
I'll be moving them all to the appropriate category
it will take some time but again, RTD has a mind all its own.
July 13, 2018 09:58AM
I have no logs about product moved in categories. But I have some about deletion.
I can see that today you deleted 11 categories. And I also see you deleted 7 on July 10th.

I noticed you moved one of those categories you mentioned in:
New Products - CSC => PARKING & TRAFFIC SIGNS => Informational Signs => 3 Way Int. from Bottom (RR on Right)
Such a category name (I mean "3 Way Int. from Bottom") is a little unusual and so was from your company almost for sure.
And in any case I also confirm that the "3 Way Int. from Bottom (RR on Right)" entry is part of your RTD account since 2012.

For this, and taking the above category as example, could it be on July 10th you removed a category that was a super category of that "3 Way Int. from Bottom (RR on Right)"?
If a super category is removed, the subcategories becomes 1st level. And this would explain why if appeared all of a sudden on top of your list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2018 09:58AM by Alex.
July 13, 2018 10:36AM
yes, that is possible. It' also possible that I received a message as I was deleting that category that "this action will also DELETE DEFINITIVELY ALL ITS PRODUCTS! (yep, that's what it said)" I took this at face value to mean it would delete all the products when I deleted the category. See attached visual. So this seems to be where those extra categories came from. The message was either wrong, as it most definitely did not delete the products or so ambiguous that it was misunderstood to mean it would delete the products but did not do as it said.

I did not set up RTD and have only been here since 2016. I would have created those at the product level and not the category level. I've found things like that routinely since I've been here. Just now trying to clean up some of the extra empty stuff to streamline my end of it.

I moved all the extra/new categories to the appropriate super category under parking signs and will review them (ongoing project) to see if we're using any of the templates, if there are any templates associated with it and decide from there to delete, move or use it.

I hope to eventually have it more consolidated to what we need as opposed to such a haphazard mess.
Attachments:
open | download - RTD-delete category prompt box.jpg (53 KB)
July 13, 2018 11:49AM
Yeah, you surely inherited a pretty messy setup, sorry about that.
The message is not wrong per se: it actually removes products, but only the ones that are into the category itself.

So, if what you're removing is a supercategory, the only product you're also removing are the ones directly assigned to it only.
This makes sense as in the RTD the concept is ont that a category is a sub-category, but that a category can have a super-category
July 13, 2018 12:00PM
that is what I did, removed a category. Only after reviewing the products in it.
it's done now. so I'll be more careful ongoing.

Back to my original problem:

Still do not have the Walk Out Lower Level rider template in the category
New Products - CSC => YARD SIGNS-CSC => REAL ESTATE PRODUCTS => CUSTOM RIDER => STOCK RIDERS 6x24 & 6x30
I have 84 when I look at the Manage Products but when I go to Configure Products it is still not in the list for me to choose and I can't get the link in my normal manner. I even tried to add another product and cloned a different rider, it didn't show up either.

there is a problem, just haven't figured out what it is yet on this issue.

let me know your thoughts.
July 13, 2018 01:40PM
I don't understand.
I can see that product in both location you metnioned. Am I doing something different that you?
Please look the attached shots.

Could it be you are expecting to find it in alphabetical order?
Becasue I noticed, in Manage/Define Products, that you have few "Show order" values too, and they affect the way products are listed in the config products area.
Attachments:
open | download - css_1.jpg (205.3 KB)
open | download - css_2.jpg (66.3 KB)
July 13, 2018 01:47PM
yes, I always do everything in alpha order.
I see now that there are numbers making them NOT in alpha order.
gonna fix that right now. LOL
I can't believe, I looked through the entire list and didn't see it. I'm blinded by the alphabet LOL

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
now I really feel like a ditz

I appreciate you pointing out that I'm half blind.
thanks so much for your help.
both problems solved!
have a great weekend!
July 13, 2018 02:54PM
I was wrong, it's not the custom sign center stock riders, it's the 4signsdotcom stock riders.
I see it in the manage products but not in the list for instant purchase in the links
see images.
I gave it a -1 so it should be at the top of the list, it's just not showing up.
this is the one I was having trouble with. We talked so long about the other issue I forgot it was 4signs not CSC

now I"m going to go and see about changing the button. smiling smiley
let me know if you can figure why this template does not show up in the list for choosing
it is enabled for direct to cart only in the edit screens
I can't figure out how to get that link from the catalog. I've clicked all the links and none of them bring up the correct linked product for me to put in my iframe.

let me know
thanks
tamara
Attachments:
open | download - manage-products-list-4signs.jpg (893.7 KB)
open | download - instant-pricing-list-4signs.jpg (417.9 KB)
July 13, 2018 03:44PM
The sshot you sent is using the instant pricing of the "4Signs.com Stock Riders" store.
Now, go in SYSTEM OPTIONS => Configure Store layouts and select that store.
Then scroll down till you'll see the list of assigned products. Only the checked ones will appear in the instand pricing for the store.
You can guess what's next, it's in the attached sshot smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - css_3.jpg (239.2 KB)
July 13, 2018 03:50PM
Well there you go, that's the answer!
thanks for your help!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login