RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not receiving order e-mails

Posted by mycustomhoodies 
Not receiving order e-mails
August 09, 2017 08:10PM
I started noticing about 2 weeks ago that I would miss the e-mail coming in for an order coming through. It has now gotten to the point where I am maybe getting 1 in every 6 e-mails for orders. And sometimes I get the payment notification e-mail, but not the order summary e-mail, sometimes nothing at all of the 2 e-mails you should get and I just find it in backend. I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or if I am having e-mail issues on my end since the e-mail does in fact come mailed from my e-mail address. I have had for years now where customers don't always get the order e-mail, which is just typically because they use gmail and it filters out the order e-mails, but this is a new problem. So just checking in to see if anyone else is having this problem and if the admins can look into it too. Thanks.
Re: Not receiving order e-mails
August 10, 2017 03:55AM
Hello,

I confirm it's an issue on our end.
Randomly, probably because system emails look so similar, one or more of the servers are temporary blacklisted by some spam listing providers.

For some reason that's not constant: it's "sometimes".
Checking logs we're just sending out regular RTD emails, so in these days I'm trying a new approach to send emails from an external service. I'm being carefully with this though, as doing something wrong would result in no emails at all for anyone!

Right now I have created the server settings we can use for this, and will perform some local testing in these days.
If success, I will move the thing to the whole RTD designer system. I will post again here when done, so that everyone can keep an eye on results.

P.S. just for you: never saw any reply, so just guessing if you received the emails me and Jr sent you. I'd love to tackle that color issue but need you onboard in order to plan properly.
cos
August 10, 2017 07:08AM
We always perk up when our non gmail, hotmail, aol etc users report not receiving notifications.It is random, but reports come at least weekly. Will keep an eye out for this.
August 15, 2017 04:28AM
Updates about my tests: they're actually doing good, which means I was able to send through a separate mailing system.
Next step will be to try all the combinations we need, IE being sure we can send attachments, CC emails and similar stuffs.

Once done it would be time for a live test. Of course we have to assume also possible issues, so I'd try to activate it during a weekend, more likely. But as usual, when that moment will come, only user feedbacks can actually let us know something is wrong. So, in case, just be ready! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login