RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

instant pricing BG image won't change

Posted by customsigncenter-1 
instant pricing BG image won't change
April 12, 2017 09:57AM
I have a stock real estate rider that is instant pricing.
I've edited the product in Manage Define products, I edited the name, the catalog image from "Open Saturday X-X' to "POOL"
I changed the image to the image of the stock rider 'POOL'
I went to the configure product screens and edited both sides with the name and image, plus the BG image
however, when I go to the product to collect the instant pricing link to add into the backend of my website I still see the 'Open Saturday X-X' on the 6x24 size but the 6x30 size has the pool image.
the product is online at: http://customsigncenter.com/item/882-pool-rider
I know I've missed something, can you tell me what I missed? I thought I had everything but for some reason the catalog image being pulled from RTD isn't right.
thanks for your help.
tjw
Re: instant pricing BG image won't change
April 12, 2017 10:18AM
Never Mind, I've figured this out.
Instead of changing the size that was there, I created a new size, same as the one that didn't work, and then once it worked I deleted the one that didn't work and now I have the 2 sizes with the correct image.

thanks
tjw
June 07, 2017 01:28PM
I've run into this problem again but I can't fix it the way I did before.
ReMax has changed their logo and I need to update all of our ReMax templates. While I have an easy time of it on all but the instant pricing products.
http://customsigncenter.com/item/609
the link above is the one I'm working on. I've updated everything but can't get the product to change from the old to the new.
I've done a search for the product name in my RTD: 18" x 24" Light Weight Panels w/Frame
3 came up. I'll have to do the same thing for all of our sites that carry the ReMax brand so I updated all three.
so for each one I went into the product configurator to configure sizes.
I clicked the config sizes, margins and background/foreground images there and updated the image for this product. I went to manage and define products and updated the images there. I know I'm missing something.
can you help me find what I'm missing?
I used firebug to find the photo and it says it's in the product set up, not sure where to go from here.
let me know if you can help me.
thanks
June 08, 2017 12:21PM
As written on your link, the product is:
New Products - CSC => YARD SIGNS - CSC => REAL ESTATE PRODUCTS => 18" x 24" Light Weight Panels w/Frame
I hadn't searched for it, I simply browsed to the appropriate category.

The image you see in the instant pricing though is the catalog image one. It's a rarely used one, so no surprise you are not finding it.
You have to go in product configurator to configure sizes as normal. But then, click the VIEW FIXED SIZES EXTRA OPTIONS (BG, VRML, ETC...) button.
In there, for each size, you will see a button named "Catalog Image". That's the one. Instant pricing uses that special image if it's defined, and for that product it seems to be.
June 09, 2017 02:59PM
that explains it!
I knew it was in the sizes someplace.
thank you!!!!!
tjw
June 09, 2017 03:20PM
I've written it down and done screenshots so in case I forget I'll have it in my folder.
lol so many things to remember.
thanks
tjw
June 10, 2017 02:03AM
Good!
If you don't want to forget, I'd be glad to host it here and make your notes part of the official support section.
You're not required to do this, but in case you'll feel like making a PDF you think could be useful notes know I would surely allow it a place in the howtos section.

Alex
June 12, 2017 03:56PM
Coolio! attached is my pdf
Upon doing this I realized there may be another place for the template image as this one didn't have an image in either place. Would the other place be where you create the template when you click the link button in configure sizes?
let me know if you think this pdf is good.
thanks
tjw
Attachments:
open | download - Instant pricing template changes help support.pdf (521.5 KB)
June 14, 2017 05:32PM
Hi,

BUUUUUUUUUUUUSY days here, so honestly I still have to revise the doc. But I wanted to post to let you know I saw you posted it, so thanks in advance for that.

Better comment coming soon! smiling smiley
November 01, 2017 02:39PM
this Instant Pricing template is not working for me, again!
Image1 - I went to manage define products to change the image there
image2 - when I went back to configure the product the catalog image did not change
image3 - went to extra options - there was no image there over riding the one I wanted
image4 - configure sizes, I put in both images to try to get it to change
image5 - but the template still has that bottom rider on it which I have removed. I can't figure out for the life of me where this darn thing needs to be changed.

Please help me! I followed all the directions but can't find the image with the bottom rider to change it.
Attachments:
open | download - 1-manage-define-products.jpg (847.3 KB)
open | download - 2-configure-product.jpg (790.5 KB)
open | download - 3-configure-product.jpg (743.9 KB)
open | download - 4-configure-sizes-margins-etc.jpg (764 KB)
open | download - 5-still-get-this.jpg (434.7 KB)
November 01, 2017 05:02PM
I am pretty confused here...
The image looks correct. This is the URL mentioned in you #5, and yes, it shows just as in your image:
http://designer.realtimedesigner.com/customsigncenter-1/instant_pricing/index.php&system_products_categories_id=10832&product_id=80836&;

That is the same exact image I see in your "extra options". In your image3 it looks empty, but I tried to go in and I actually saw that very same image right there. I also noticed the catalog image as per your image1 is actually not there anymore.

However, in all of your images I actually see the same image as of image5. So I don't understand where it should look different...
If your images were to show an issue, I would have expected to see something different in all but not reflected in image5, but this is not the case.
What you have now in extra options is correctly the image shown in the instant pricing page.

So, what am I missing?

P.S.: you tried to put images as BG and FG in the config margins page, but that's actually wrong. Those images are for specific use in designer only.
November 02, 2017 08:18AM
I actually went back in, after posting this, and removed every photo I could find for this product. then I went back in to the manage and define and added the correct product image - the Preview frame without the bottom rider. and finally got it to change appropriately. it was showing the image with the bottom rider in the configuration area when the image in the catalog was without. I was so confused but I think it may have been caching the image somehow. Anyway it's working, thank goodness. the customer this product is for is RE/MAX and they are very stringent on their signage. smiling smiley
thanks!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login