Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Color, Colors

Posted by NSFGraphics 
Color, Colors
March 21, 2017 10:47AM
Alex,
We have noticed that color of images we upload for templates look very different in the designer. We then have to change the PMS colors to the colors we have loaded in our designer. To expedite things I downloaded our color list with the RGB values from the designer so I could create a swatch book of those colors to use for artwork I load into the designer. Even using those values the colors still do not look right. Some colors come very close, but some are way off. Is there anyway to color our images so that they do not have to be re-colored in the designer?

Is anyone else having this problem, or figured out a solution?
Re: Color, Colors
March 21, 2017 10:59AM
Are the images you're trying to upload CMYK ones, by any chance?
March 21, 2017 01:11PM
Yep. I changed the color mode when I created the swatches, but I forgot to do the same for the individual images.

March 21, 2017 01:31PM
Eh... sorry about that. RGB is the only mode that will ensure proper results online, at least because users will be seeing images from an RGB device (the monitor).
March 21, 2017 02:41PM
I should have thought about that because I had a similar problem last year with some web images. Thanks!
March 21, 2017 04:23PM
In the screenshot below, the top image was colored in RGB mode in Illustrator using the swatches I created. The bottom image was colored using the same colors in the design tool.

The difference between the reds is negligible, but the lime green is dramatic.
March 22, 2017 12:26PM
That's because each tool is different in how they handle the conversion.
Whenever you are close to one of the spot colors of each mode, results like that can happen. In this case, probably because of the proximity to the G value of the RGB version.
However, note that the RTD uses EXACTLY the RGB values you have set. So at this point, I don't know if this is true also for Illustrator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login