RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RTC cart is not secure - SSL

Posted by vintagelogos 
RTC cart is not secure - SSL
February 03, 2017 11:51AM
We are currently using the RTD cart as the checkout with Paypal.. Customers have been turning away because when they go to fill out the form with their personal info, it does not show that its secure. Have you consider changing this? I did explain to our customer that paypal was securely taking there CC number but that guy was not convinced. Google has been flagging sites too that are not secure.

Thanks
Shawn
Re: RTC cart is not secure - SSL
February 03, 2017 12:50PM
Well, but... It actually IS.
Cart in the RTD is not secure becuase it's only a cart, but every checkout page is served as SSL, by the moment you submit the order.

So, there should not be a single non-secure page where CC or payment info are required.
Have you tried yoruself? Would you be able to show a sshot showing which page is actually flagged as non-secure?
Would of course need to the see the URL of such page as well in the shot.

Thanks!
February 03, 2017 01:54PM
Alex:
I must apologize if I was wrong and making an issue out of something I was unclear about.

So your saying the customer contact info is secure when submitted. If that is so, what is throwing my customer off is that they do not see an SSL connection on my website in the window, even through they are technically on the secure RTD server. To solve this problem we will have to make our site SSL from the beginning.
February 04, 2017 07:51PM
It depends on your integration. If you're embedding and you'll make your site SSL, you'll run into the issues described here:
http://support.realtimedesigner.com/forum/read.php?3,6595
But in any case, secure chekout pages of the RTD should force to load on top, and so going outside of eventual frames in any case. What I'm asking is if this is happening. Have you tried yourself? Can you take a sshot of the page where such data are asked to you to verify that's actually looking as an usecure page?
cos
February 05, 2017 07:00AM
Shawns payments by credit card is in the rtd iframe, thus the ssl does not appear in the url. Needs to get the payments page out of the iframe.
February 05, 2017 01:22PM
Does this help.
Attachments:
open | download - iframe_vl.jpg (364.5 KB)
February 06, 2017 03:56AM
That shot shows the cart, not the checkout phase.
However Cos is right, it's because you're in the frame. For this, I've applied a little modification.
If a CC payment option is involved (as PayPal PRO), then the payment selection page will be forced to load on TOP.
This means it will take over any page and frame you're eventually in, exposing so the SSL url with no doubt.
This should solve any possible user concern.

And BTW, you can ignore those 2 test orders paced by dummy@dummy.com smiling smiley

Alex
February 06, 2017 12:12PM
Thanks for looking into this and doing the modification.

Shawn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login