Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Direct Template Link issue

Posted by alexyoon 
Direct Template Link issue
August 31, 2016 12:09PM
Hi Alex,

I'm currently using RTD plugin on Woocommerce (WordPress), and I was trying to create a page on my website where I would upload thumbnails of the product templates, and when customers click it, they will be directed to the template link and start customize it from there.

And when customers are done with designing and put the design into the cart, the item will be directed straight to our website's cart, not RTD's, like I want it to be. However, when the item is put into my website's cart through direct template link, it won't display the shipping options at the checkout page since it didn't go through Woocommerce anymore.
I added the weight on every products on RTD to see if it was the problem, but still having a same problem.

Please help me out with this to resolve the issue.
Re: Direct Template Link issue
September 01, 2016 04:16AM
In the plugin there actually is a script to show and load templates properly.
So, 1st question is: are you using that script or are you trying to create a standalone page of yourself where you're placing thumbs and links "as they are" in the RTD?
September 01, 2016 04:01PM
Hi Alex,
thank you for your response.
I'm trying to create a page where I can create thumbs and links as they are..was that the cause of showing no shipping options?

Also,is it possible to show a window where customers can choose "add-on" options (ex. adding stands, frames; adding finishiong options such as hemming ,grommets, etc) on the RTD?

The problem is, whenever my customers want to design the banner on my website through RTD plugin, they can't choose those options while they are still on that designing page..
I created variation and attributes for stand options and finishing options on Woocommerce that they have to choose before they are directed to RTD designing pop up window, but somehow it won't show up on the order invoice so I can't tell what option they had chosen. I have to make a call to every customers who used RTD.

Please advise on how I can fix this.
September 02, 2016 09:07AM
Wait... just to be sure and clear: you're saying that you do have options in Woo which users are correctly selecting before entering the designer, but after the design process those options are not "saved" anywhere in Woocommerce's cart?
September 02, 2016 10:38AM
Alex,

Yes that is correct.
September 02, 2016 03:00PM
I need to verify one thing on your files then. You should have my email address already. Can you plz email me all the files being part of your RTD plugin you currently have live?
September 06, 2016 10:59AM
Sure, just sent an email to you. Please advise!
September 07, 2016 06:37PM
If you two come up with a solution, please let me know smiling smiley
I just started in on the app last week and seem to have this issue too.

This isn't just because I have this set up as a variable instead of simple product is it?

Not sure if this helps, but it did return a mighty woo options string on the RTD admin order page.
woo_options = YXR0cmlidXRlX2dhcm1lbnQtdHlwZT0xMDAlMjUlMjBDb3R0b24mYXR0cmlidXRlX2dhcm1lbnQtY29sb3I9TGlnaHQmYXR0cmlidXRlX3RyYW5zZmVyLWNvbG9yPUJSSVRFJTIwUkVELTEwWCZhdHRyaWJ1dGVfdHJhbnNmZXItc2l6ZT1BZHVsdCZhdHRyaWJ1dGVfdHJhbnNmZXItcHJvY2Vzcz1GbGV4JnF1YW50aXR5PTEmcHJvZHVjdF9pZD0xMjcmdmFyaWF0aW9uX2lkPTEzMyY=

My cart is kind of a mess right now as I'm just testing. We have some strange requirements and have used Real Time Designer for years tied to a custom programed cart - unfortunately that cart is ancient and unreliable now and I wanted to switch to something more reliable.

Thanks for your time!
Actually one feature that would be great for me is for the start designing / browse template buttons to be hidden until all the other product info I need has been gathered. Maybe I just haven't found the right option yet smiling smiley
September 07, 2016 07:09PM
It was actually a bug. We fixed it as I've created a new version of the plugin.
I have emailed you the new version right now, please confirm you've received it.

As for the templates, if you don't want it just empty the RTD templates link field in the product setup page of Woo smiling smiley
September 15, 2016 10:27AM
Hi Alex,

hope you are having a great vacation, and thanks for the help with the bug and plugin update.

I forgot to ask you one more thing: is there a way to add direct template link other than adding it by creating a new product?
What I wanted to do was to create a blank page (not a product page) that has thumbnails of templates, and make customers to click on them to design and to add to cart.

I actually created a page like that and it works great, until it comes to the cart.

Everything works same: design->add to cart-> added on Woo's cart. But when the design is added to Woo's cart, it won't calculate the shipping cost. I checked weight option on RTD panel to see if it's missing it, but it's not.

Please help if it can be fixed!
Attachments:
open | download - 1.PNG (173.3 KB)
open | download - 2.PNG (76.9 KB)
open | download - 3.PNG (99.5 KB)
September 15, 2016 12:09PM
I am replying just to let you know I saw the messages.
We're still at the SGIA now, so expect a better reply on this issue probably on Monday.
Sorry for the little delay!
September 15, 2016 01:46PM
Thanks for the news, looking forward to the news!
September 18, 2016 09:34AM
Ok, here I am.
So, it looks like you are able to correctly add designs to Woo's cart, and your only issue is about shipping costs.

Fact is that such cost is determined in full by Woo only. RTD weight is normally used when RTD manages shipping, but this is not your case.
In short, RTD weight has nothing to do with this: if Woo's shipping requires a weight to calculate shipping, then you have to assign the weight at Woo's product level, not RTD.
September 19, 2016 07:19PM
I am having a different issue.
For products with variations, the RTD link/buttons are always active. As such a client could go right to the designer and bypass information we need to get from them that I would like to have as Woocart variations.

I have detailed my issue with some screencaps
http://order.quicktrans.net/rtd-variation-problem/
I hope it is just some setting or misconfiguration I am experiencing.

Thanks for your time.
TRS
September 19, 2016 09:12PM
I'm still on travel, but I'd wanted to let you know I'm around.
I faced this thing in past, the solution lies in the JS file.
Will need to get back to a proper computer to check that out though.

Thanks you for your patience!
September 19, 2016 09:52PM
Ok, I've looked into this too.
Can you please try to update the js_functions.php file into your RTD plugin folder with the attached one and check if it solves the issue?
Attachments:
open | download - js_functions.php (5.2 KB)
September 20, 2016 02:46PM
The js_functions.php file you had me try WORKS GREAT!
Thank you very much!
September 20, 2016 02:55PM
Hi Alex,

I followed your instruction on adding direct link and got a few questions arousing..

I was trying to add direct template link on a product page (which I only wanted to work as a bridge to go into that link) and seems like it won't add shipping cost even if I add weight on Woo's page. I added some pictures of where I am having issues. Can you please have a look?
Attachments:
open | download - 1.PNG (113.7 KB)
open | download - 2.PNG (221.2 KB)
open | download - 3.PNG (80.6 KB)
open | download - 4.PNG (9.4 KB)
September 21, 2016 07:45AM
Is the product being added as the correct one in Woo's cart?
As I said, shipping is not related to RTD, but it's fully a Woo thing.

In general, easiest way to check your setup is to simply bypass RTD totally. In the product page, if you will temporary remove both the RTD DESIGNER LINK and the RTD TEMPLATES LINK, then the normal "add to cart" button of woo will be shown instead of the "design it" ones.
By trying to add to cart that way you'll be able to find if your setup is ok at Woo level.
If all ok, themn put back the RTD links because it means your problem is in the bridging operation, where the RTD design is "attached" to a normal Woo's add to cart action.

But here I see the possible issue: in your sshot #3 I see you have no RTD product ID nor "use source product page" checked. I don't know if you did this just for the sshot and privacy reasons, but if not know that you HAVE to have something in there.
This because those settings are the one building the final link that will pass the Woo target to RTD, so that RTD will know which Woo product it should really add to the cart. With no values defined, results can be unpredictable.
In general, just checking the "use source product page" should be ok.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login