RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Creating direct links to products for ordering to embed into external webpage.

Creating direct links to products for ordering to embed into external webpage.

I'm helping add some new products to an existing website that works in conjunction with RTD.

The link when you click on 'Add To Cart' it pulls this link inside of the website wrapper >>>

(link removed for privacy reason)

I don't see any templates for this setup .. or other methods of how this is set up.. Can you point me in the right direction?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 07:33PM by Alex.
Re: Creating direct links to products for ordering to embed into external webpage.
August 29, 2016 12:45PM
Hi and welcome to the RTD forums.

So: the link you posted is an INSTANT PRICING link. That is normally used to add o the cart products "as is", which means with no design action from users. It's an embeddable module, and normally it redurects you to the embeddable cart module when "add to cart" is clicked.

What I do not understand about your question is what you mean with "templates for this setup": are you talking about being able to do the very same thing also for other products, asking about the look of that page, the look of the cart page, the flow... what?
Thanks for the welcome.

You have to forgive me, the previous person working on this had a medical emergency and is out for a while. I'm trying to pick up and run with this.

I'm trying to learn how to add another product with INSTANT PRICING. Or how to access the cart products in this method.

We have another BIO sheet that needs to be added and I'm trying to figure out where to do this and create a new link pointing to a new product.
So how do I get to the embedded module or change / copy existing / add new examples?
Re: Creating direct links to products for ordering to embed into external webpage.
August 30, 2016 02:49AM
There's a tool to create those links in the RTD admin panel.
On top left, hit the Your RTD Links & Builders link.
Then, on bottom of the page in the LINK BUILDERS group, there the INSTANT PRICING LINKS (including hidden products) tool. Hit it's Launch Tool button.

You will see you can select category and products. Select what you want
When you'll have them selected, you will see links to that product for all of your available stores.
And that link is all you need to copy in order to use the module for different products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 07:34PM by Alex.
How would I edit >>> (link removed for privacy reason)

Need -- to change the picture and the item on the .. and unit price if needed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 07:33PM by Alex.
August 30, 2016 10:51AM
That is exactly what I explained in my reply.
Picture, item and price are part of RTD products.
The embeddable module you're using is a direct link to one single specific product. You have to use to tool I mentioned to get links to the other products of your interest.

If such product does not exists, then in your RTD you can first clone the product into a new one, edit it's properties and use the tool to get the embeddable module link.
Thanks - I was not sure exactly what you meant because of my unfamiliarity with RTD. I think I found everything I was needing.
August 30, 2016 12:01PM
I see.

If you're unfamiliar with RTD, know that using embeddable pricing module with stores is already a kinda "advanced" task.
If you have to study RTD a little first, I would suggest to take a look at some of the vids here about product setup:
http://support.realtimedesigner.com/wiki/doku.php/videos

Also, as this setup is for "direct to cart" products, you might want to look at the manual wherever that feature is mentioned.
Specifically: http://support.realtimedesigner.com/wiki/doku.php/?do=search&id=%22Direct+To+Cart%22&fulltext=Search
I've run through all the manual info about the instant pricing and configuring products. I have a few instant pricing products that should only be allowed to be added to the cart-directly. no changes can be made. However, when you click add to cart it asks you to choose a background color. This first sign is house shaped and will be cut out so there really is no background color but it won't let you add it to the cart without choosing the color. Once you choose the color it takes several seconds before the image appears and no matter what color you choose it puts black in the background and the color you choose is used as a border.

I would love to skip the unnecessary step and have it work correctly,
http://customsigncenter.com/item/640-keller-williams-real-estate-12-x-18-for-sale-house-directional
http://4signs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=269:keller-williams-2-double-sided-house-directional

I have only a few instant pricing products and now they are all asking for the background color. plus the close cart button has disappeared!

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
tjw
March 21, 2017 09:26AM
So, just to avoid frame confusion.
This is the link you are calling in your 1st page:
http://designer.realtimedesigner.com/customsigncenter-1/instant_pricing/index.php&system_products_categories_id=9937&product_id=68983&;
And, when added to cart, you're redirected here:
http://designer.realtimedesigner.com/customsigncenter-1/ext_cart/index.php

Now your questions.
The close button: what you mean "it disappeared"? Where was it?
You are loading into a frame, so what should a close cart button do? return to what?
So far, it looks to me what you call "close cart" should be the current "continue shopping" button I see on top of your ext cart.

Background color: how it behaves is correct. Your product has multiple BGcolors set in setup, and so it asks which one you want to add (as the BGcolor is not part of the design, but normally the substrate color).
If you do not want that step, then just edit your products and assign only one BGcolor to them. The selection you see appears only if there are 2 or more possible choices.
How it is used against your image depends again on your setup. For direct add to cart the product image is used, if nothing else is found. And the selected BGcolor is placed underneath it. Your product image has a transparent BG, but again you have not set any default in your product setup, making it default to BLACK.
So, what you should do in your configure product section is:

1) in Configure Background Colors, have only ONE color. I'd suggest white.
2) in Configure Defaults set the "Default background color" to the only color you've selected in step #1
this is great info and will certainly help me get rid of the extra step.
The close cart button was at the top of that window that shows the pricing. the continue shopping button doesn't take you back to the design you're working on, it takes you to the home page, it used to have a close cart text link that closed the cart and did not take you anywhere but back to the product you were working on.

implementing 1 and 2 will let you know if I have trouble.
thank you!!!!!
how would one get back to the product they're working on when they get the empty iframe with this at the top:
Signcreator - Your Cart
Cart is Empty
no back button or close cart button, it's just a dead end
the only way to get back to the product is to hit the back button on the browser. shouldn't there be a close cart button?
I've done 1 and 2 and still get black in the background when I add it to the cart. That extra step is now gone but it refreshes the page 3 times before showing me the cart.
thoughts?
March 23, 2017 12:27AM
In that implementation they're working on no product, really. What you have is an instant pricing tool that just adds to the cart, and that's an embeddable module. This normally means that the navigation should be provided by the container outside the frame, which in this case is your website.
I cannot understand how you could ever had a "close cart" button anywhere, with this setup.
That said:

Cart refresh: that's because RTD still checks if there are BGcolors. If not, it just proceeds to the next step, kinda "auto selecting" the only available color.

Black in the BG: that was an issue on our end, now should be fixed

Close cart: you should just put your commands in your container. As we're in a frame, just reloading it would do the trick.
You might want to remove the "continue shopping" link though. That's actually made by you, as that button is HTML coded into a text label (Cart: header text).
You might want to create a separate store for these direct add to cart products, and create a new set of text labels to assign it.
That way, for the ext modules only, you could have that link removed.
I am having a similar problem with one of our instant pricing products, spider stakes http://customsigncenter.com/wireframes/spider-stakes

I have been able to stop it from asking for a background color - had that problem before - but when I finally get to the cart the product does not go in the cart, it just disappears and shows an empty cart.

it works in Chrome and IE but not in FireFox web browser.

can you help with that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2017 03:10PM by customsigncenter-1.
Attachments:
open | download - empty cart.jpg (338 KB)
May 23, 2017 12:52PM
What happens if you try it standalone?
The url you're calling in that page is this:
http://designer.realtimedesigner.com/customsigncenter-1/instant_pricing/index.php&system_products_categories_id=10891&product_id=51323&;

I tried and had no problems. so 1st of all I'd like to understand if you're experiencing this everytime with a specific browser, or only when you're into the container page
it happens from the website iframe in Firefox ONLY but works appropriately in Chrome and IE
I tried your link to the direct product in RTD and it does work in Firefox. Does that mean it's something with our CSS?
May 23, 2017 03:17PM
Don;t think it's the CSS. empty cart is just like saying the cookie was now set, or changed for whatever reason.
I do not have FF here, I'm using PaleMoon which is still a port based on FF code. But things works ok in there.

Any luck in spotting some details if you try to keep an eye on FF's console while performing the action?
I don't get it, NOW it's working. I didn't do anything to it, did you?
I guess if it's working I'm good. geez.
May 24, 2017 01:51AM
I did nothing, but this reinforces the feeling this was related to session cookies. Perhaps you had multiple ones set?
that could be, I tend to work on more than one site sometimes without clearing my cache.
thanks for working with me, sorry to have wasted time.
May 25, 2017 11:27AM
No issues, no problem! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login