RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can weight set on WordPress (Woocommerce) override RTD weight?

Posted by alexyoon 
Can weight set on WordPress (Woocommerce) override RTD weight?
July 06, 2016 03:08PM
Hi Alex,

I was wondering if it will be possible for WordPress(Woocommerce) to override the weight set in RTD with the weight set in Woocommerce.

It's because when our customers select the "add stand" option for the banners on our site and passed onto the cart through RTD,
the weight is not calculated with the stand, so the shipping fee will only reflect the weight for the banner.

If it's impossible for Woocommerce to override the RTD weight,
please guide me through the steps to make RTD calculate the stand weight and
how to make customers to select the "add stand" option on RTD rather than selecting this option at the Woocommerce.

FYI my website is integrated with RTD, which means it does not redirect customers to use RTD catalogue..everything is done on our webpage.

Thank you.
Re: Can weight set on WordPress (Woocommerce) override RTD weight?
July 07, 2016 10:58AM
Hi Alexyoon, and welcome to the RTD forums.

One thing I cannot understand from you description: how are you users paying you?
As you use woocommerce, I assume it's through woocommerce and not the RTD. But in this case, the weight should already be defined by Woo.
But I cannot understand if right now you have such option as a WOO one or an RTD one because you description seems to be valid for both scenarios.

IF IT'S IN RTD:
Honestly, with this kind of setup I would recommend to have the "add stand" as a Woo option rather than an RTD one.
It would simplify things a lot, plus it would give your users the ability to add it in any moment (while in the RTD they can exclusively decide while they're still in the RTD).
If for any reason you do not want to do so, passing the weight from RTD to Woo is probably possible: but would require custom coding to alter the RTD plugin. If that's the direction, then you would need to ping me directly but knowing it will easily be a $500 project (unless you have coders able to modify the plugin by themselves, of course)

IF IT'S IN WOO:
In this case, I would not be sure about what the issue is. In not an RTD option, then there's nothing the RTD should return back to Woo.
So in this case I would assume you have a problem in defining the weight of an option?

So, first things first: which system is actually managing your add stand option?

Thanks,

Alex
July 07, 2016 01:41PM
Hey Alex, thank you for your reply.

I do use Woocommerce to define the price and weight of every products, including the stands.
However when my customers decide to create their own design through RTD, the weight defined in RTD will be applied to the cart.

So when my customers select "add stand" option on the website, and proceed to design for themselves in RTD and add the design to the cart, the cart will only have the weight for banner weight that I set on RTD, and ignore the stands weight set on Woo.

I do see "override RTD price" button on Woo (which made everything so easier), but I don't see any "override RTD weight" or any similar functions.

Because the cart ignores the stand weight, when my customers select shipping option, shipping weight will only include the banners--I'm losing money on that..

Please help me out!!

Thank you
July 07, 2016 03:34PM
This is even MORE strange.
The RTD can override price, true. But the plugin (at least, OUR plugin) is not doing anything at all about weight.
So, the fact you're saying that the weight defined in RTD is imported in Woocommerce makes very little sense, technically.

Just as a silly test: have you already tried to temporary remove the RTD links from that Woo product and add that to cart "as is"?
If all is right, and with RTD not being involved, you should see in the cart items and weights as defined in Woo.
Can you confirm this happens? In short, can you confirm the issue happens only when RTD is involved but it doesn't when the RTD is disabled from the very same product?

Thanks,

Alex
July 07, 2016 03:44PM
Alex,

I don't know why but when I turned off the RTD links and turned them on again, everything went back to normal as it should be.
Weird!
Anyways, thank you so much for your reply!
July 08, 2016 12:13AM
Old school smiling smiley

Glad it's solved!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login