RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Force all text and clipart to same color

Posted by signguy99 
Force all text and clipart to same color
February 24, 2016 04:41PM
Is there a way to force all text and clip art to the same color? We do screen printing and want to have a one color price on our website for a specific product. So if they pick a template with multiple colors and make a change to a line of text or the shape or the clip art, it will change all items to that color. If they change something else and pick another color then everything changes again to the new color.

Can this be done?

Thank you,

Craig
Re: Force all text and clipart to same color
February 24, 2016 09:43PM
So in short you'd like to have each and every color change action altering the color of every single element you have in your RTD? And to be clear, in case a template with multiple colors is loaded, you'd like it to be "recolored" in a single color immediately as well?

If so, this would be techincally possible to do, but requires a new store and a little hacking.
At a glace, it would be about create a store specific to this behavior, and then add Javascript hacks as part of the store's footer code. Such hacks would alter the way the colorchange functions of the RTD works, to basically pull the trigger for all items instead of just one. And also, force the product (and the template) to become a limited color entities programmatically.

It is however not that simple to explain, so the real answer is:
yes, it's technically possible. But I'm afraid you will have to open a paid ticket support request to have it done
February 25, 2016 08:43AM
How much do you think it would cost to do?

Would this store only be available to us?

Would we be able to toggle that option on or off for each product?
February 25, 2016 11:46AM
Cost, I think in the range of the $400 max

And yes, it would be for you only. Stores are part of your own RTD installation only.

And no need to have an option to turn it on or off: that would make use of "stores", which basially means laternative layouts of your very same RTD.
When instead of your regular RTD link you will visit the very same but under a different store, the store itself will force anything loaded to behave tha way.

In short, this means that there will be nothing to enable/disable the feature: the feature will jsut be there when you open the product with that store's link, otherwise it will be not
February 25, 2016 12:07PM
Is it possible to have it as a toggle in the general settings of the configure generator. I'm concerned as we have more people working on our site that they will become confused as to where products are located from the two different stores.

or

Is it possible that when we login it asks us is this a "standard design" or a "single color design" and then goes to that store instead of having to login to two different stores? Just want to simplify and eliminate confusion.

Is that a difficult to do?
February 25, 2016 06:43PM
the 1st one, adding an option of the "configure generator", would be extremely expensive. That because you'd be asking a modification useful for you only, but placed into the main code of the WHOLE RTD. That means, an option that would be there for everyone. That's not what you want to do, but to give you an idea, in that direction you'd be in the range of the $10k minimum.

2nd one: I'm not getting in full what you mean with "when we login". Login into the RTD as a registered user, or what? I think you are making a little confusion about "stores".
Stores in RTD are NOT something with a different set of logins or anything. Basically, they're just layouts. Different looks for your very same ideantical RTD. And with the designs, you can change other general things, like the footer code where you can place custom javascript hacks like the one I'm tlking about.
That was described better in this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viLGvUWpq9A

With this, my 1s reply is still the valid one to consider, for now smiling smiley
February 26, 2016 09:03AM
We use our own front end. So we would just have to redirect our one color products to the templates & designer on the new store?
February 26, 2016 10:35AM
Correct. all you'll have to do with a change like this is to change slighlty the RTD link you're sending your users to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login