RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Backgrounds

Posted by candycartons 
Backgrounds
December 15, 2015 09:10PM
My customers will never be designing on a blank white background. They will be designing on top of a graphical background (see attached sample).

I realize now that the product-level background is not the way to go since it is not included in the production file, and was more a feature to allow a sample t-shirt or mug to be behind the design area.

So, is there a way to establish the background so that:
1. It always remains on the bottom layer
2. elements/layers can not be placed below the background.

Does this make sense?

My ideal scenario would be to have the user pick from 5 to 10 different background options in an intuitive an obvious way. The multi-BG would have been perfect for this since the background selector is in-your-face and not stacked somewhere in the layers. My templates will have lots of prepopulated layers so the background will get lost among them and not be obvious.

Another question: Is there any way at all to include the background image in the final file if I utilize the muit-BG product properties? My thinking is this: Once I download the PDF production file, I would use Acrobat to replace the lo-rez RGB background with the hi-rez CMYK background. This would solve all my CMYK issues as well =).

Greg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 09:10PM by candycartons.
Attachments:
open | download - choice2.jpg (108.3 KB)
Re: Backgrounds
December 18, 2015 01:21PM
Update for other readers: we had a meeting about this. At the end, this is a non-issue as the BG image can actually be included even in the hi-res generation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login