RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Configuring RTD to work with Magento

Posted by TysonHorlacher 
Configuring RTD to work with Magento
October 02, 2015 07:28AM
We have recently downloaded a copy of Magento into a test folder on our site as we are not experiencing the profitablilty we expected from hour html/php custom designed site.

We now would like to Integrate the RTD into Magento (as we think it will be easier for our customers to navigate and especially be easier for us to manage). The RTD Tutorial http://support.realtimedesigner.com/wiki/doku.php/tutorials/magento seemed to get me start and is showing that this is possible. I would like to do almost the exact same thing as is shown in this sample website (which seems to be a magento site).

I have currently created a new attribute set as directed, and I have added the 2 new attributes to that set (as directed).

The next step appear to be setting up an External Notification (but there doesn't seem to be any guidance on how to do that so it will work correctly). Many on the links in the document seem to go to (404 pages) and there appears to be all capped text that appear to be a text link without any links.

Step by step help in setting this up or guidance to updated instructions will be helpful (or direction to better step by step instruction because I no longer know what to do with the regular instructions).

Thank you
Tyson
Re: Configuring RTD to work with Magento
October 02, 2015 10:16AM
Hello,

That page is pretty old and really only provides possible "concepts" of integration.
In time we've created a new one, but there's no step-by-step because... Magento is Magento!

I mean: don't know what your situation is, but Magento is powerful yet supercomplex to properly manage.
Unless you REALLY need it and you PERFECTLY know how it works, it would not be my recommended platform to use.

Now we have an integration code that provides all the basics for RTD/Magento installation. If you're interested in it, please issue a support ticket from your admin panel with subject "Magento plugin request for Alex". It will be $150 for the copy.
That version of the plugin currently offers the following:

Magento admin panel:
- ability to see details of RTD designs when looking order page, with links to thumbnails, order page and revise page
- ability to link product from RTD to Magento

Magento site:
- remove normal "add to cart" buttons for products with RTD links
- added "design online" and "view templates" links for products, with inline popup
- ability to receive RTD orders and add entries into Magento's cart
- ability of having RTD overriding Magento's prices

But before going to ask for it, know the plugin is offered "as is". You might need to tweak some features, and that is meant to be done on your end.
So, my advice would be to face this only if you have strong enough knownledge of both RTD and Magento, as well as a Magento coding abilities.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login