RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Phone # When People Register...

Posted by TheWizard 
Phone # When People Register...
August 18, 2015 04:33PM
I think we should add a phone # field that is optional when people register for the site.
When they design things and don't follow thru it would be nice to have a contact option
for phone calls. Is there any reason why we don't have this? I'm sure others would see
the benefit in this.

Thank you!
Re: Phone # When People Register...
August 19, 2015 05:05AM
It would be easy to add it. However, I'm not sure that would be of big help.

In general, until an order is placed, you should have no reasons to contact the user via phone.
But when an order is placed, you can ask for a phone# no problem as part of your order fields.

I cannot really imagine a scenario where a phone number would be of much use as part of the registration data.
However, I might be wrong on this, so I would just ask this to you: could you picture a scenario where this could be useful for some reason? I mean, having a the phone# of a customer who placed no orders?

Thanks!
August 20, 2015 09:24AM
Alex,

A lot of times people design things in the designer or register and go thru the pages and do nothing, I can tell the path on my end, and I would like to be able to follow up with them if they don't get emails (many times people have spam blockers and probably dont know you make contact). I offer full color shirts and things priced by color also (traditional screen printing) as well as other items. It seems like full color stuff in general does not present a problem, but there are a whole host of issues with one color items (they used multiple shades of blue for instance, or put a full color graphic, etc), and many times I could save the sale if I could speak to the person. For instance, a few days ago I had someone design a screen printed hat, which I only offer one color, the system would not give them a price as they used multiple colors, but by the design I was able to assume they wanted embroidery, so I was able to do so just a few days ago, by searching the registered email and reverse looking up some stuff, and it was determined the person did in fact want embroidery (which I also do), and I was able to likely convert this to a sale (I will know shortly). This was great, but many times there is no link to a phone # from the email address in a search. Ideally, the optional NAME field would be great also.

Thank you!
August 25, 2015 05:56PM
Writing just to show I'm alive, I'm chewing on this.
The kind of change you're asking should be part of a bigger and better revision of the registration/data management process as a whole, which is obviously more complicated than just adding a field.

I have to say I'm not fully convinced yet. But while I'm chewing, If anyone else would like to share thoughts on this matter, I'd love to hear them too.

Thanks!
cos
August 25, 2015 09:54PM
I've been chewing on this also. Follow up phone calls are certainly an effective sales method used by many companies whether one likes them or not. Providing companies tools to seal the deal is important. If, as TheWizard has requested, it is an optional feature then this is reasonable in my opinion.

I like the idea of a bigger and better revision in this area. I see that some are merging external data systems with the rtd and don't use this registration process entirely within rtd and can add any thing they desire. But for those keeping within the framework of rtd, options are good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login