Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save Changes button behavior

Posted by cos 
cos
Save Changes button behavior
July 16, 2015 04:37PM
As far as I can tell, when user revises a design and clicks the button to Save Changes, there is no notification to company or user that this has been done unless they click the button on the resulting window that says something like Resubmit To Sales Department.

I think this could potentially be a problem. Would it be possible to change the behavior of the Save Changes to pop a modal to enter the text section of the email along with the Resubmit button so as to force the change notification email. After the modal closes, the resulting current screen should show the message history. There shouldn’t be a text area and Resubmit button there.

What do you think?
Re: Save Changes button behavior
July 23, 2015 05:49AM
Not sure, at least because for now this seems to had never been an issue (per my knowledge).
I would have to revise the flow for this though: there are sevaral reasons not to notify immediately on every change.

#1 I can think at is a user adding multiple revisions just for his own reference, and selecting the "real new one" he wants later on. Another one are users making use of revisions to really just create new designs, meant for new orders.
In general, revisions allows to resubmit, but also to finetune and play around a design too. What I'm guessing is if we really want sometihng to happen on every revise actions... the risk could be to just be annoying for the user.

This is just a quick thought, not really based on a direct experience of mine.
Do you think what I wrote have some sense in the real world, or not at all?
cos
Re: Save Changes button behavior
July 23, 2015 09:46AM
I think your observations are valid points. In rethinking our suggestion, I would like to REVISE it:

1. A modal that simply confirms changes have been saved.

2. I just noticed that the heading on the Order Revise is in text labels. We can solve this from there perfectly if #1 is implemented.

Do we have access to css for Order Revise page? That would be really nice. I have some other questions about this but will PM them.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login