Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feature Request - Add forced choice to Product Configurator

Posted by cos 
cos
Feature Request - Add forced choice to Product Configurator
May 28, 2015 08:58PM
Say you have a product that contains Product Configurator Add Ons in the cart. Of these add ons there are two choices and the default is choice # one. User must change the option to #2 if they desire that option. However, we all know that users don’t pay close attention to what they are doing (much like us), no matter how clear you try to make it. There are certain circumstances when it is highly desirable to force users to make a choice. We would want the default to possibly be “Choose x option”. # one will be a choice and # two will be a choice. This is certainly doable right now. No problem.

What we would like to suggest is a new optional setting where if the user does not make a choice, then user cannot submit the cart.
Re: Feature Request - Add forced choice to Product Configurator
May 29, 2015 08:26AM
It's complex. But already possible.
What you need is the Product Configurator and Instant Pricing tutorial from this page:
http://support.realtimedesigner.com/index.php?area=docs

Specifically, you need to look at Step 3, where Configurator Links are discussed
cos
May 29, 2015 10:07AM
We've been using these setting for years. Works great. But, I don't see from the tutorial how we could set a "stop dead in your tracks, you cannot go forward until you choose something" scenario. Am I missing something there?

We are thinking it will work like the required fields in the payments section of the cart.

Example: In Config Product => Manage Pricing Structure Options => Define Pricing Add-ons here, the settings could be

[Leader] Widgets
-> [Slave] Choose Widget (*required) Default selected value will be radio button Yes
-> [Slave] #One
-> {Slave] #Two

There would be a new REQUIRED radio button choice similar in function to the Default selected values. We would require #one or #two.

If user doesn't choose either of those required options then when user tries to Submit order, a warning will pop " . . . is required" and area is highlighted.

We've poured over every case of the configurator and just can't see how to make this work. If some solution is there, we can't see it.
June 01, 2015 10:39AM
Links can be complex, so I'd need to make a test to be sure about the steps.
OBVIOUSLY these are busy days, so please allow me a little time for a proper reply.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login