Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

clip art color not changing order download

Posted by mybambino 
clip art color not changing order download
January 27, 2015 03:12PM
Hi,

Occasionally a customer will make a color change in a design. It looks fine in the thumbnail on the order, but when I download it and bring it into illustrator, it goes back to the orginal color of the design. Here is an order reference if Alex is looking at this so you can see what I am referencing. order # 0000302874 I changed the pink color in rtd when I downloaded it it went back to original pink color.

Thanks,
don
Re: clip art color not changing order download
January 27, 2015 05:44PM
I'm afraid I can't help much here.
Recolor is probably working better with rasters, but when it's about vectors things can change dramatically.
The functions in place should work in the majority of cases, but vector world is really dependant on each specific file.

This because there's nothing like a simple color replace you can expect in raster images, so what we're doing is parsing the vector while in temporary PDF format checking for close values. If the match is not found, color in unchanged.
Fact is that sometimes a lot of factors make the match impossible because they alter the colors slightly too much: typical examples are conversion between formats and checks against CMYK files for RGB values.

Well, I could write a book on this but perhaps that's not what you're interested in. So long sotry short, you'll have to live with that. There's no real bug there, just the fact that that specific clipart is giving this issue for reasons that would be, in any case, unique to that clipart only.
cos
January 28, 2015 05:58AM
Don. Judging from the way you wrote your post, I'm curious if you are always experiencing this problem when a customer changes color . . . which just occasionally happens. The reason I bring this up is that some years ago this recoloring thing never worked correctly with vectors. Then Alex waved his magic wand. After that, I don't think we've even once had a vector that did not re-color properly. So, I'm curious as to what it might be in the graphic that causes the failure. Would you mind attaching the original graphic to a reply for investigation?
January 30, 2015 11:03PM
Thanks Cos,

Doesn't happen that much, but sometimes. Here you go.

DOn
Attachments:
open | download - design_1.png (85 KB)
open | download - 0000302874_1-hires_design (1).pdf (9.9 KB)
February 02, 2015 03:32AM
I think Cos was asking for the original of the clipart
cos
February 02, 2015 05:08AM
Yes. Need the original.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login