Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding your own templates/designs

Posted by ussigndirect 
Adding your own templates/designs
October 22, 2014 09:17AM
Hello,

Is it possible to add your own templates to an already existing template category and/or create your own template category? If so, what file format would the template need to be? I would assume a png or ai. I will most likely be using FlexiSignPro for the designs.

Thanks
Re: Adding your own templates/designs
October 22, 2014 11:59AM
You can surely create your own templates, but it's not like uploading a file at all: it's about creating the template in the RTD and save it.
Full details can be found here:
http://support.realtimedesigner.com/wiki/doku.php/rtd_manual_ch_07_artwork_templates
cos
October 22, 2014 08:21PM
The most common "gotcha" with template creations is not realizing that all the clipart, photos etc used in the designs need to be in the admin clipart library and NOT uploaded using the uploads button in the designer. Otherwise all references will be lost and users will see some "missing file" warning. So, always use the library clipart when designing templates. That includes the system clips provided by rtd and the ones you add yourself to the library.

The other "gotcha" is when you delete a clipart from the library after you've used it in designs. Don't delete them. Use the "edit" feature for the clipart and replace it. That way, the references to the clip stays put, but the clip itself can change. Otherwise you'll get that missing file warning again.

Happy Templating smiling smiley
March 04, 2015 12:23PM
Thanks for the replies! Something odd is happening though. I am able to see the category in my generator when I click the "generator" link on the realtime dashboard. But when I go to the designer from my site, the new clipart category doesn't appear? Any ideas why??
March 04, 2015 05:59PM
Perhaps you're not logged in as admin when visiting from your website?
New clipart categories are created, by default, with the HIDDEN parameter set to yes.
In that case, you would see such categories only when you're logged in as admin, but they will not be listed to regular users.
So, you might just want to chect those cats hidden status as a first thing (in LIBRARY ITEMS => Define Clipart Categories)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login