RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vector download issues

Posted by vintagelogos 
Vector download issues
October 20, 2014 07:36PM
For the past few weeks I have been having issues when downloading files using the vector download. What happens is a customer uploads there digital file and places it into the design. I then download the file as a vector. I open the file but I cannot move the image. I can move the box around but it is as if image is locked down and the image stays in place . Sometimes when I move the box it is as if the image placed is tiling like wall paper. Ands I just cannot cut & past the image. It does the same problem, It is happening on all of these current orders, ID # 0000277085, ID # 0000277158, ID # 0000277384, ID # 0000277662.
cos
Re: Vector download issues
October 20, 2014 09:08PM
Probably due to image mask that different softwares apply. Most likely you can get get the image out of the mask by right clicking and choose "Release Mask" or something similar. Every vector app seems to handle this differently.
October 20, 2014 09:35PM
No mask. That was a good thought but I already tried releasing the mask. I think it's an issue with the RTD, at least my RTD, not sure.
October 21, 2014 12:41PM
I'm not getting this fully...
So, the vector is creating fine, but you cannot move one of its items?
THis would not be a big surprise, the generated file is a "monolithic" one.
If you are in need of repositioning some elements, it is normally a better choice to use the Include Items as Separate Layers? option, which will return a zipfile with all of the design elements, but in a standalone file.
In general, this means you will just have to add all such files in layers to obtain the final design, but also editing will be much easier
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login