Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Templates

Posted by signguy99 
Templates
October 07, 2014 05:32PM
Alex,

Is there any plans on adding more templates to the designer? I know we can add them one at a time but we were hoping that there would be regular additions to the general templates. If not, is there a place where we can buy templates? We are looking for more professional designs in all categories. The current set of templates, and clipart, are basic and appear dated. If you look at other sites with templates they have a more professional design element to them and not a 1980's style look. Any help would be appreciated.

We love RTD and how well it works with our website but not interested in creating 1000's of templates.

Craig
Re: Templates
October 07, 2014 07:20PM
Craig,

The plan is there, but don't expect anything in the short term. Finding designs and creating them will require time and planning, so it's not something that will hapen in days.
Designs are not only to be found and bought: normally you start from a good quality set of cliparts, and then you have an artist creating templates around them. There are various options we're looking at as well, but still have to find something that would work globally (I mean, for the entire RTD).
Main reason is image licensing: we already have some very nice set of cliparts, but their license is not allowing the kind of use we do (which is, providing them free of charge to all of our users). This means that the only solution would be to make them "premiums" each RTD user can eventually subscribe and pay their own license for.
However, a lot of those licenses are really protective, making even this step not as easy as it may sound.

In general I 101% agree with you though, so lets keep this discussion open for inspiration. In the meanwhile, I'm going to tell Mark this is here, in case he'd like to share some thought as well.
At the end, the RTD we know had been built with the community since day 0, so what place is better than this forum to chew on this matter? smiling smiley
October 08, 2014 10:51AM
Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

I look forward to Mark's comments or if any other user has any input to make the templates better for everyone.

All of us in the sign industry understand the licensing issues with clip art and logo use. I would think with sites like fiverr.com and other similar sites that someone would be willing to create quality templates for a relatively low investment. You may even consider offering premium templates for an additional flat fee based on template type or categories. I think other users would be willing to pay a small fee to offer say 50 premium birthday banner templates or 50 political sign templates etc. depending on their target market.

Keep me posted and thanks for a great designer!

Craig
October 09, 2014 06:55AM
We've not added any templates to the base site in quite a while. We have created many new templates for clients which are not licensed for sharing. We've considered putting an artist on staff but considering all the clients we have over so such a wide spectrum of the personalization/printing industry, we haven't identified a segment who are willing to "buy" any templates. A lot of our clients do not want "shared" artwork.

Let's leave this tread open to others to see if there is any interest.

Mark Sr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login