RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simplifying Upload File Popup

Posted by Ernesto 
Simplifying Upload File Popup
July 07, 2014 11:04AM
Hello. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. We're trying to simplify the Upload File Popup. Due to our setting for "Save Designs" to be allowed for Registered Users only. When anyone tries to Upload a File while in the design tool, the Login Area is shown above and emphasized above the Upload Clipart Area. Some users were confused and didn't even see the Upload Clipart Area. Even though it's clearly there, the Login Area being shown first and foremost stopped them from looking below it.

Is there a way to hide that Login Area just for the Upload File Popup? We need to keep the ability for only Registered Users to save designs but would like to give all users the ability to easily upload a file without any confusion.

Thanks for your help.
cos
Re: Simplifying Upload File Popup
July 07, 2014 11:48AM
Agreed it does confuse users, but it can be modified. Personally I would like this to show as a single text link or button option to bring up the login screen as presented elsewhere. As some companies require login and others don't then some option to choose the presentation would be good.
August 02, 2014 04:17PM
I really need this as well. My users login through an external shopping cart that is synced with RTD. They are not able to login through RTD itself because the name and password isn't the same. Basically just need a way to hide it so customers don't get frustrated.
August 04, 2014 10:27PM
Hiding that area in clipart upload only is pretty easy.
In your DirectCSS, just add this:
#reguser_not_logged_in_container { display: none !important; }

Thrifty:
Your issue seems different though, as it looks like you don't want users to be able to log in at all in the RTD.
Is this correct? If so, how are you logging them in? Via the API's GetUserAutologinUrl action?
August 08, 2014 10:52AM
Yes, through Open Cart. However, I have to sync it manually every time I receive a new customer signup. Actually you had set it up for me about 6 months ago. I wish there was a way to automate the process, but it will do for now.
August 13, 2014 06:52PM
Oh, I see.
Please allow me a couple days. I'm working on the Opencart right in these days, so I'll have a chance pretty soon to look at this issue. Thanks!
August 25, 2014 04:12AM
Here I am, sorry for the delay.
First, the easy fix to avoid user login screens in RTD, anywhere.
You need a CSS similar to the one I posted, but with another div too. It's this one:
#reguser_not_logged_in_container, #user_reg_div { display: none !important; }

About automating the process, I'm still working on that as I'm not fully done with the Opencart project I'm working right now, so for now you'll have to keep doing it manually.
I will write you as soon as I'll have the update ready.
August 25, 2014 10:56AM
Thanks Alex. Much appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login