RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Add-On Pricing Text?

Posted by customsigncenter_1 
Add-On Pricing Text?
April 16, 2014 09:27AM
Hey Alex. We have a list of add-on prices that cover more than one of something but, when you go into the cart, the drop down list says "Each" next to each price. We know this is the default text for these prices but is there a way to edit that so we can either take that "Each" out completely or change it to read something else?

We looked everywhere to try and find a field for that but we've had no luck finding it. Please let us know where that would be if we can even change that.

Thank you sir!
Re: Add-On Pricing Text?
April 16, 2014 08:08PM
No, for now the " each" can't even be changed.
But of course I could add a new text label for it, to make it possible.

Only thing is you will have to wait the early days of May for this. In few days I'll be on the plane to the States for the ISA in Orlando, so I will not be able to make such change until I'll get back from there.
As I don't trust my memory much, could you ping a reply on this thread by April 30th to bump it up so that I'll remember?

Thanks!
April 28, 2014 03:38PM
Oh, ok. Is there a way to take that off all together because we could specify in the label if the price is for each product individually or if the price is for a set of items. For example, if we have a price for two items as a set, it is very misleading with the "Each" text after that because the customer would think they're paying for one item when the price is actually for two in a set. When we create our initial label, we could include parenthases at the end saying (.ea), (set), (kit), etc.

Could it be possible if you just take that off the end of there then?

Thank you sir! Hope you had a good time in Florida.
May 05, 2014 04:38PM
Bumping this for you Alex, as you requested. Thanks!
May 05, 2014 08:05PM
Thanks for this. Now this message is open in my monitor and will stay here until I'll solve this.
I just realized in how many places I have to change it tongue sticking out smiley
May 07, 2014 09:52AM
Ok, I've added a new text label for that.
You can find in SYSTEM OPTIONS => Configure Text Labels and it's name is pricing options text for "each".
However, please let me know if it will be missed somewhere.
I made this change on a global function that should be reflected in the cart and various places using prices.
However, as I mentioned, that "each" was used in a number of locations, so it is possible I forgot to apply this new text labled everywhere.
So, if you'll see any... just ping.

Enjoy!
May 07, 2014 10:39AM
Thanks for addressing this so promptly. It seems to work as desired. smileys with beer
cos
May 08, 2014 05:42AM
I think this will be very helpful. Will evaluate its use across the board for a while. Thanks for this.
May 08, 2014 02:55PM
As you said, Alex, this label is utilized in a lot of places...

(see image attachment) which is a screenshot of RTD admin orders->manage orders (-> order details).
The "Each" text label appears here when the label is set to an empty string.

QUESTION:
Can you extend the text label variable (OR_CONSTANT) you've created to this order details page?

Link: Screenshot of order details ->
May 08, 2014 06:44PM
Quick answer is nope, sorry.

As you know you can create even multiple text label sets in RTD, to be assigned at store level. That determines which set to use.
So I can change everything that's meant to be seen by customers, but the admin panel is nothing like that, it's just the admin panel.
I don't see this as a real issue though, as such pages are meant to be seen only by you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login