Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Add Pricing Add-Ons in Cart Quantity Selection window

Posted by cos 
cos
Add Pricing Add-Ons in Cart Quantity Selection window
May 30, 2013 06:44AM
Would it be possible to add option to show Pricing Add-Ons in the Quantity Selection window that appears when design is added to cart? This could provide a convenient and accurate (as some add-ons may not be optional) easy quantity price check table across all products.
Re: Add Pricing Add-Ons in Cart Quantity Selection window
May 30, 2013 08:45AM
Uhm...
I think this may be somehow hard.
It's true some options could be non-optional, but they may also be qty or porduct based.
In case of product-based ones that would cause very wrong pricings, as that screen is meant to let customer know about price change per unit based on quantity.
So, possible solution could be to replicate what was done in the recent livepricing update.
What if I force all non-optional and non-product based addons to be added to the pricing value, but without showing details of the addons? So, basically showing the per-unit price including all non-optional addons?
Addons would still be shown in the cart, and we would avoid to face the big problem of finding a way to display them in a screen like that popup.
cos
May 30, 2013 08:57AM
Excellent solution.
May 30, 2013 06:41PM
It should be done.
I say "should" because I was kinda unable to test, so I need you to confirm me all is working smiling smiley
All I did was to add to the unit price shown all the non-optional values of the "qty based" addons only (those are the only values that will be multiplied by the quantity).
Let me know if it made any difference, otherwise please consider giving me some specific details on a product you have and values you'd expect to see in the middlestep popup
cos
May 31, 2013 06:50AM
Working perfectly across products tested. Thanks.
June 06, 2013 10:23AM
Where do I find this "qty based" add-on. I sell signs and I have add-ons for sign holders. Sometimes my customers do not want to order the same quantity of sign holders as the do signs. It would be nice to give them the option when they are in the quick pricing or at check-out.
June 06, 2013 11:09AM
sbezella ,

Unfortunately it seems qty based addons are not what you think they might be.
Those are addons that are applied multiple times, but still based on the ordered qty in the RTD.
So if there's an order for 50 signs, a qty based addon would be added to order value as ADDON_VALUE*50.
There's no way to define a qty for an addon that's different from the item's one.

If what you want is to allow users to buy 50 signs and 20 holders, then the only way to do that is by creating a new product (the holders) and let them add it as a distinct cart entry.
As holders are not meant to be designed, you would need to do this from catalog, where you can add unprinted products into the cart.

There may be even other solutions, but they would all be related to your entire selling flow so they can't be explored without a deeper knowledge of that (expecially if and how you integrate the RTD into an existing system)
April 25, 2018 10:03AM
I have chosen the "QTY based" for my product configurator add on '2x2 PNP Installation' see attached screenshot

but when I open up the product and add 2 to the cart the installation add on price displays the price for one installation
how do I get it to actually add the installation price for the quantity of signs that were ordered? see 2nd attached screenshot
it's not working for me
Attachments:
open | download - QTY based.jpg (585 KB)
open | download - QTY based 2-chosen-1 installation price showing.jpg (341.9 KB)
April 25, 2018 01:46PM
You have a wording issue there.
If you will check the option, it WILL add the base price x 2 as expected.
What you're missing is the "each" word at the end of the line, and I guess It'sw related to your text labels.

This is the link of your sshot:
http://designer.realtimedesigner.com/customsigncenter-1/RemoteSalesCatalog/index.php&tng=Y3BpPTgxMzIxJmN0aT0zNzMyOA==
and in there right, things works as expected but as you described.

However, if you open the same link in your main store, so here:
http://designer.realtimedesigner.com/customsigncenter-1/index.php&tng=Y3BpPTgxMzIxJmN0aT0zNzMyOA==
and you'll try the same, you will see that instead of 2x2 PNP Installation: $ 676.00 it actually says 2x2 PNP Installation: $ 676.00 Each.

So, it's a store based wording issue
April 25, 2018 01:50PM
doing tests I figured out that it doesn't show the cost for 2 but when you click to add it to the cart it adds up 2 installations.
I've told my boss I need to follow through all the way on my testing before freaking out.
Also figured out the submit for quote problem. when I opened the tool box in the store and then clicked add to cart I got the price. I'm geared up and ready to go now! I've read chapter 8 and 9 3 times now.

now to find where to change that text label. I'm off
thank you!!
April 25, 2018 04:01PM
"So, it's a store based wording issue"

so what section would I find that to add the label?
there is no place to add that in the configurator fields
I don't see any place to add that
April 26, 2018 02:41AM
In SYSTEM OPTIONS => Configure Text Labels, it's the pricing options text for "each" one.
In your main labels it correctly says "Each", but in the Remote Sales set, which you're using for that store, it's empty.
You jus need to put "each" in there as well.
April 26, 2018 08:27AM
Awesome!!!!
I found it, it was empty and I've entered 'Each' there.
I really appreciate your support.
thank you
tamara
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login