RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Retrieving Art from Reg Users Account

Posted by AndreaLRT 
Retrieving Art from Reg Users Account
May 23, 2013 01:30PM
How do I save art that a Registered User has in their account? When I go into the user account, on the top row it says:
RealTimeDesigner Admin Commands (Click to Show/Hide)
Product Templates General templates Save Design to File Import Design from File

However, when I say to save the design to file I cannot open it, it saves as a hypergen.tng.
What am I missing? I do not want to have to place the order to get the art every time.
Re: Retrieving Art from Reg Users Account
May 23, 2013 02:17PM
RTD is supported by charging per order fees. Why would you need the artwork if the customer doesn't order?

Mark Sr.
May 23, 2013 02:45PM
My clients want to see the "striping" or "Boat Name" they designed on their boats at scale before they spend a lot of money on it. The designer is not very clear and it is difficult for the client to figure out how to put a photo of their boat in the designer at size, then put the graphics on top. Also, if they did figure out how to do it, when they go to order and they delete the photo of the boat and are left with just the Striping or name, the design gets scaled unproportinately and they have to fix it. I know the scaling part of it can be changed, however I want them to be able to scale other things unproportionately so I do not want to do that.
May 23, 2013 03:14PM
That is the purpose of the Quote option on submittal. We can't enable a feature that is likely to cause us to lose revenues . Is there a reason the quote form won't work?
May 23, 2013 05:12PM
I have never tried the quote form. I like the end user to see the cost online. If I enable submit for quote can I get the artwork that way? On Another note, can the client check the status of there order any way?
May 23, 2013 06:34PM
You can offer either or both payment and quote options by going to "ONLINE PAYMENT OPTIONS > Online Payment Systems Setup" and choosing the otpion you prefer. Regardless of whether it's a quote or paid job, you will have access to the users artwork once the order is submitted.

Most RTD users have some other business management software to handle phone and walk-in orders and they import RTD orders into it. That software would typically be where all orders status is updated rather than RTD. Do you have a database of all your orders outside RTD? Depending on what system you are using, there are various ways to allow your customer to check the status.

Mark Sr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login