RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finished Order Image Processing

Posted by ryan_kik 
Finished Order Image Processing
January 02, 2013 01:27PM
When an order is placed, is it possible for RTD to generate a file to be uploaded directly to a FTP site? Or can orders only be processed through the email I receive?

Is there a way to setup the default for naming files?
Re: Finished Order Image Processing
January 02, 2013 07:44PM
With "generate a file" I guess you mean the hir-res version.
If that's correct, there are currently no ways to generate such images automatically.
Reason is simply because there are various options you may select (which output format, which optiuons to include), so it's generally unsafe to consider "print ready" an hi-res order output without verifying it.

There is however a special field you may want to consider for emails you receive.
In SYSTEM OPTIONS => Configure Emails you can assign an email template to be used for ORDER SUBMITTAL TO COMPANY.
To create a template go in SYSTEM OPTIONS => Email & Export Templates.
On top of that page there's a Click here to see all the special codes available link. Clicking it you'll see all possible codes.
The one you may be interested in is [ITEM_DIRECT_HIRES_LINK].
That code will provide a direct link to generate the PDF version, so could save you some clicks. But if anything will not work as expected, you'll still need to go in admin panel and create it as usual.
If you're new to templates, you may find this tutorial very useful.

Naming: no, there's currently no way to set different naming for files.

Final note: I don't know what you need to accomplish in your order management flow, but out of the hi-res images everything else could be covered any way you'd like by using our API.
Re: Finished Order Image Processing
January 03, 2013 10:57AM
Awesome, thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login