Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BCC "Send to Friend", "Saved Design", and "User Registration" E-mails

Posted by mycustomhoodies 
BCC "Send to Friend", "Saved Design", and "User Registration" E-mails
July 25, 2012 08:07PM
Alex,
Was just thinking about different ways to capture sales right when the iron is hot and had a thought:

There is currently the options to send e-mails to users when they register, when they send the design to a friend, or when they save a design. I was wondering if there was a way to give an option of sending a BCC e-mail to our e-mail address on record with RTD.

My thought in using it would to be capturing sales when someone saves a design, we could then contact them with speical offers, give them other incetives, offer design help, etc.

Was thinking this could be and option along with the "Enable Feature", having a "BCC Enabled" radio select button as well. No biggie if it can't be done, but just thought it would be a nice little addition that may not be too hard to do.
cos
Re: BCC "Send to Friend", "Saved Design", and "User Registration" E-mails
July 25, 2012 08:23PM
I think we discussed this before and it might be good as an option. The problem is there can be quite a few saved designs going on and could result in a lot of emails. But, if you're looking for closing the deal, you want all the leads you can get. Another fishing method is to use Live Person (chat software) monitoring visitors as that is very much into the hot fire.
July 25, 2012 09:26PM
Yeah, I remember we discussed this too.
I perfectly understand how beautiful reports are, as well as being able to know every possible useful data.
There are things that could be done, but there are a couple things spinning in my mind.

About possible emails to BCC, you mentioned when they register, when they send the design to a friend, or when they save a design. I have some quick thought for them all.

when they register
Would this be really useful? In your admin panel you can already see the full list of your registered users, so I can't really see how receiving a BCC about a new registered user could be useful.
Moreover, about privacy, that email usually includes also the password. So it should be treated as sensible information.

when they send the design to a friend
This is surely interesting, but there's one possible issue at legal level.
The sender is a registered user, so it's normal for his data to be known by you.
But what about the recipient? The company would see (and possibly collect) his email address as well, but recipient never gave permission to do so nor was informed about his email address to be known by someone else.
It may be just me, but I think the only way to do this would be to completely obfuscate the recipient's address from the BCC'd copy. Which means you would end up with just a design that was sent for some reason (curiosity to purchase intention). About this, possible thoughts are almost the same you can read in the next point.

when they save a design
If they save a design it means they have something they want to keep. Perhaps only because it's nice, or a good base to be used for future orders. But saved designs can also be deleted by users, and I think this happens.
The risk for you would be to receive tons of email, and many of them with links to designs that could be no more (or, in any case, not meant to be purchased "as is" ).
Even here, my guess is that the possible benefits would be very low, compared to the time needed to check such emails and verify/get rid of all the false positives.

Just my 2 cents.
Not saying it's something bad, and technically would be surely possible.
But as I kept having those thoughts buzzing in my head, I just felt to share and hear what you think, considering the ENTIRE scenario.
July 25, 2012 09:31PM
Alex,
Totally agree...the only reason I included the first 2 was because I thought someone might want that option. I really only wanted it for the save a design feature. Granted, I know it would probably generate quite a lot of e-mails, but you can definitely sort e-mails to go to certain folders so it wouldn't be too big of an issue for me. Would love the feature but understand the draw backs to it.

Cos, yes, the live chat is a great feature as well. Had it implemented a while back on a free trial and it worked wonders. Planning on putting it back on the site once my site redesign is finished.
September 19, 2012 12:12AM
Scott, this is was my original idea when I suggested the send _to friends email long ago. Its important to capture leads. Alex, can rtd send a http post when a design is saved, shared, ordered?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login