Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save Items in Cart

Posted by premiercopyadmin 
cos
Re: Save Items in Cart
January 16, 2014 06:57PM
I don't remember a conversation about "cart items not-expiring for registered users". I'm referring to these comments from above. This is was a really great start to what we need.

Alex
This could be an interesting feature.
I guess it could be possible, at admin side, to generate a "pay page" for saved orders.
This would mean the ability of creating a page for users where they can pay a "submit for quote" order online, in some way.

As the main point here would (possibly!) be to avoid adding more confusion on your (admin) end, I would see such orders being saved as "on hold", until confirmed in some way we'll have to determine.

However, I do not have the feeling thous would be all that's required: such a solution would really submit something to you, rather than "storing" user designs. Seems another possible way could be to work around the current "save design" feature.
It should be possible to create a command that will move or copy all cart entries into user's saved design. At that point, in case the user is not logged in, he would be informed that by registering he could save those designs permanently.

Just to try defining steps, it could be like this:

1) have a new command in cart named "save your cart contents". You could write there somehting to tell users that using it could be useful to have the designs saved for any possible future purpose

2) when clicking that, all designs found in cart would be saved. Not options and quantities, but designs would.
If user is logged in, designs would simply be added to his current list. If not, he would be prompted for logging in or registering, with the usual text already present in the saved designs area telling them registering would save designs even over the current session

With something like this done, even in case everything crashes, designs would be retrievable. For the session only if not logged in, forever otherwise.
Such a solution would avoid you to receive temporary and unconfirmed orders (saving doesn't mean the customer will SURELY buy), while allowing an extra level of security against designs-loss.

next post

What if....
Using as a base the solution i proposed in previous post, but adding internally (at my side) a flag to determine if a saved design is really a saved design or a design "saved from cart"?
With such a flag, if any flagged design is found it could be possible to show an extra command somewhere telling users "You have pending order designs: click here to reimport them in cart"

The only change against the previous proposal would be to have 2 new commands: one if you want to save cart designs as saved designs, and one to save as "pending orders". This 2nd option would really work far better if the user is logged in, though. Well, let's keep brainstorming
January 17, 2014 06:57PM
Yup, was an interesting thought. And still is, actually!
Damn, I missed this in the million things I'm following these days... but I keep liking this, so now I'm going to leave this tab open not to forget again.
Let me close some open tasks I have an I'll return here shortly. Doing fabulous new API/Parametric things and integrations smiling smiley
cos
August 26, 2016 03:44PM
This is still a much needed feature. This topic has over 2200 views. Can't tell you how frustrating it is dealing with users who lose there content. Had one today say . . nooooooooooooo damn it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2016 03:47PM by cos.
August 27, 2016 04:56AM
Ok, noted. But as you probably expected, will be faced more likely in October (SGIA month approaching, I'll leave on Sept 9th)
October 04, 2016 02:08PM
Really looking forward to this new feature. Thanks for keeping this going.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login