RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kiosk Anyone?

Posted by Admin 
Kiosk Anyone?
February 24, 2012 10:31AM
Looking for input regarding using RTD in your shop as a kiosk for walk-in traffic, especially for loss-leader type products. It could be as simple as a computer sitting in the corner with the web browser already loaded to RTD.

You could also "train" your walk-ins to become web users down the road. Please share your thoughts - we are strictly mail order so I don't have enough walk-ins to test it.

Thanks
Mark
cos
Re: Kiosk Anyone?
February 25, 2012 04:23PM
Hi all. Didn't realize I wasn't signed in to the forum all week. Didn't see any of the recent activity so figured everyone took a holiday and forgot to tell us.

Kiosks are useful and something we have implemented of sorts. Some experiences:

1) A lot of users have horrible computers and internet service at home, so will come in to work on things. Good and bad.
2) Customers don't mind sitting down and working on something a bit to save some bucks on design.
3) Sneaky customers will "drive" you for input . . you shouldn't give in to a lot of them.
4) When a walk-in customer is converted to an "online" customer, they will bother you less.
5) Every moment you must interact with a customer in your shop is costing money. Learning how not to do this is vital.
6) Up-sales are easy with a customer face to face. On the web, up-sales are possible too.
7) Customer needs to complete the entire sale online whenever possible, including payment.
8) If you are a fun natured person and enjoy mocking some of your more problematic colorful customers, make sure no one is sitting at your kiosk.
Re: Kiosk Anyone?
March 21, 2012 05:19PM
Haha.... I love #4 and #8....

Cos you are right...a online customer is SO SO SO much less trouble than a in-store customer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login