Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Instant Pricing Module features

Posted by cos 
cos
Instant Pricing Module features
January 06, 2012 07:14AM
Wikipedia
Eating crow is a U.S. colloquial idiom,[1] meaning humiliation by admitting wrongness or having been proved wrong after taking a strong position.[2] Eating crow is presumably foul-tasting in the same way that being proved wrong might be emotionally hard to swallow

psgraphics got the ball rolling here suggesting features for instant pricing and two of those were upload and add to cart. At the time I did not see the value in such a procedure, but am now eating crow. There are instances when dealing with repeating customers or products that are simple or making it easy for inexperienced users that YES these features are desirable if controlled properly on the site.

The two features would need to be OPTIONS to the instant price module so one or both could be turned on or off. You might not want it on every product. That is the key.

Maybe liking crow is an acquired taste.
cos
Re: Instant Pricing Module features
January 06, 2012 08:00AM
Modules could become the big thing for RTD in 2012?

1. Instant Pricing Module
2. Upload Files Module
3. Add to Cart Module
4. Designer Lite Module
5. Past Orders and Saved Designs Module
6. Order Management Module

Just thinking.
January 06, 2012 11:31AM
Yeah, instant pricing can already do that, but only in its catalog version.
Creating embeddable modules for cart is already on schedule, as that would allow precisely to add those features even to the embeddable instant pricing module.

Now you know! smiling smiley
January 06, 2012 12:37PM
lol, now ur on the right track ;) hehe
January 07, 2012 12:45PM
Module for cart... how many possibilities could that open?
Xmas never ends here, so I want to add something: test on that is already at a very advanced stage!

It will need some testing, and will be the start to a completely new concept of the RTD: if we will be able to transform everything into modules, creating and embedding solutions will open an entire new set of possibilities.

Cos, Psgraphics: probably even during next week, would you be available to start testing this new module before I'll release it to the public? If so, I will send you details via PM here on the forums.

Cheers!
cos
January 07, 2012 01:10PM
Most certainly.
January 09, 2012 10:00AM
The new cart module is ready, I will update systems tonight. wIll send details via PM to Cos and Psgraphics for some quick beta-testing, but I feel it will be ready to be released pretty soon to our entire audience.

After this, a more in depth discussion about embeddable modules will be opened by me.
I have the feeling this could be the beginning of something extremely interesting for the integration possiiblities it will offer!
January 14, 2012 03:28PM
So what does a module include?
January 15, 2012 05:04AM
Just the cart as you know it. But with the ability of being embedded stant-alone wherever you need it
May 08, 2012 04:08PM
bump, what happened with this? Sorry I haven't been on the forums lately, pretty busy around here.
cos
May 08, 2012 04:15PM
It's in your admin. Left column right above the Quck Access Tools button "Your RTD Links & Builders"

Embeddable Modules
May 08, 2012 04:22PM
This is live. Was released as planned.
It was referenced in this newsletter: last one on the right-end side.
Am I missing something? smiling smiley

PS: Welcome back!
May 08, 2012 06:18PM
I see that if art is uploaded a new price is calculated, could there be an option to not use dynamic pricing based on uploaded art?
May 08, 2012 06:53PM
Well, not really.
In instant pricing, when you have Artwork Upload Enabled active, it's just as if your users were uploading a single clipart into RTD. It's not a "generic file uploader" tool.

Is there any reason for which you may need to price it different from what pricing matrix already allows?
I'd like to understand if there are common scenarios that could require such a feature, or if there can be a workaround for your specific case
May 09, 2012 11:22AM
I guess we just dont feel 100% comfortable with RTD trying to predict what the customer wants. They may upload a 2 color graphic that RTD translates as full color. If that happens, then they are getting the wrong price, might be scared off to a different site, get frustrated, etc.

We would much rather have the option for the customer to pick how many colors are in the graphic and have that override the uploaded art. If the uploaded art ends up being more or less than said 2 colors, its much easier to contact them after getting the order to get correct art.

If this cant be done, then I'll need help figuring out why the "color reduction" dialogue box doesnt pop up after uploading from instant pricing. I've got it turned on from the Company details page.

Thanks for the help
May 09, 2012 12:11PM
Ok, I see.
Seems that the entire issue is about computing the correct number of colors of the uploaded image.

The "color reduction" feature is not available in there because it is, so far, just a designer's feature.
However, as you've enabled it (and I guess you tried it in designer too), would you confirm that having that same kind of tool available also for Artwork Upload in Instant Pricing would fix your issue?

If so, from my point of view, finding a way to "attach" the color reduction feature also to Instant Pricing would give a more consistent flow than allowing users to define colors by their own.

Let me know what you think about this idea, thanks!
May 10, 2012 04:01PM
The easiest solution for us would be just letting the customer pick.

But i would agree the best solution for RTD would probably be for the color reduction tool to pop up. (as long as it works and pops up the correct price afterwords, lol)

Our goal is to have a fast way for the customer to put an order through, without the fuss of making a design in the designer. That way, if a customer wants to design they can, if not, they can still quickly order with whatever art they have on hand already.
May 10, 2012 09:16PM
Ok, we're on th same page smiling smiley

There are several new updates I'm curretnly working on right now, and various of them are about cliparts and user uploads in general.
If all will go smoothly, I should be able to look at this during next week.
May 11, 2012 10:35AM
great! thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login