Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feature Request: Add Orders not made through RTD

Posted by mycustomhoodies 
Feature Request: Add Orders not made through RTD
November 05, 2011 01:35PM
Alex,
Maybe I am overlooking something, but as of right now, I get alot of orders that are not through RTD whether by phone, e-mail etc. I would be more inclined to use RTD for everything if there was a way to input your own orders into the system. That way you could have one central database for all your orders. I would forsee it having all the input fields for things that show up on a normal page and then an upload for maybe a mockup that is produced when someone designs online. Also, when the order is then entered in, it would give it an order ID# in order like a regular order would. Just a thought. It would be nice to have one central place for all our orders. Let me know if this doable, I am assuming there would be road blocks that you would run into that I am not thinking of.
Re: Feature Request: Add Orders not made through RTD
November 06, 2011 01:45AM
Well: in general, I think this could be doable without major problems (just coding an "order imput page" for admins).

However there is one possible "issue" I can think at right now, but it would be mainly one our side.
Just give us few days to discuss that, will post again ASAP.
November 07, 2011 03:21PM
I'am all for this feature.

Gift Mugs make great coffee Mug Gifts - www.giftmugs.com
November 09, 2011 06:37PM
I confirm it is doable. But will need some time, there are so much variables involved in an order saving!
Let me bother you a little bit.... in case you'll see no replies in this thread from me within 2 weeks, could you bump it? There are so many open projects right now, easy to get lost. tongue sticking out smiley

Thanks!
November 14, 2011 10:04PM
This is a PHENOMENAL idea...and it needs to be done!! Would be great if we could categorize how an order came in to... as in "Phone Order", "Email order" etc...
November 16, 2011 10:14AM
Just a quick update:
I'm testing this new feature, it's just a little more complex than expected.
I was naively think at simply clone part of the current code used to save orders, but the original code includes TONS of possible variables: order fields (normal and online payment), extvars, product configurator...

So, at the end, this is doable but I will need to write the importer almost from scratch. But I'm confident it will not require months smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login