RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is possible with the RTD designer layouts!

Posted by mycustomhoodies 
What is possible with the RTD designer layouts!
June 05, 2011 03:27PM
Since many people are confused with what you can do or say that the designer is out of date (which the default is out of date, but it is made to be generic so you can customize it), here is a preview of what my new designer is going to look like (it is scaled down to fit in this window and it is about 20% larger):

I was able to make a seamless designer that connects the design area and the buttons area. I was also able to make the buttons go down the side of the page instead of the normal horizontal.

This designer will change a little as I am getting new models for the mockups as I wanted someone with tattoos.

Just wanted to show that not only can you customize the buttons and styles, you can make it look completely different than any other RTD designer out there truly showing the potential of this software!
Re: What is possible with the RTD designer layouts!
June 05, 2011 06:58PM
Nice Job. Thanks for showing it off.

Mark
June 06, 2011 02:24AM
Very very nice.
Man, you're my hero!
June 06, 2011 03:02PM
Wooohah! Good job Scott!
cos
June 06, 2011 06:59PM
Hmmmm . . . most impressive.
June 06, 2011 09:04PM
Scott, you are true skilled designer!
June 17, 2011 01:11PM
Hey Scott,
Sorry we nosed around your site a little to see how you did it. We did find a bug that you might or might not be aware of...

if you click on "swap merch", then click "details", on the next page you can't design another shirt (the link ends up not working)

great job btw.
June 17, 2011 04:31PM
PSgraphics -
Not a bug, just is not setup yet. We are migrating info and whatever you saw was probably just a test product and when you go to swap and then bring it in, it is not linked up yet.

In the last couple of days, Alex and I have been switching tons of stuff around on the designer and the possibilities are endless. I will show it to everyone soon.
June 20, 2011 04:24PM
Is there a running list of the CSS class names? or ID tags?
June 20, 2011 06:50PM
PSgraphics,
As of right now, the best way to edit CSS classes and ID's is to insert the styles into your header. There is going to be a new feature probably in the next week or so that will allow better control. Once that is released, I believe one of us will come up with a good list of what each CSS class or id does. I will do it if Alex doesnt.

The best way to get going doing any kind of CSS styling is to use the Firefox browser, and then download firebug, and then inspect what the elements are to determine what you are going to edit. (Also, I would recommend using the "!important" tag in any css you do to make sure it overrides the defaults, just something i have noticed).

As of right now, Alex and I are realizing that the possibilities are endless because he built it all on css and html so there is so much that you can change. I am hoping to have a finished product of my designer within the week to show off. I changed TONS of things in the designer and it is looking amazing. We are learning that you can style anything, move anything and really can be as creative as you would like.

PSgraphics, private message me your site as i would love to see what you have going so far.
June 21, 2011 01:28PM
scott-

What are you doing with the "change item" function? Are you using a popup window or what? I am still confused on how to treat that.

-southland

P.S. Great Job by the way!!!
June 21, 2011 01:54PM
is there anyway to have a "test" version of RTD? so that when I make changes it doesn't go live right away?... essentially looking for a "preview" feature i guess.
cos
June 21, 2011 02:07PM
Agreed with psgraphics on the test mode. Can't very well mess with live version of the site except in wee hours of the morning.
June 22, 2011 03:29AM
a test/preview thing?
Uhm.... looks interesting, and probaby not that hard to do.
Something like using style X only when you're logged in as admin, and leave default style active otherwise.
Should not be hard, i will include this too in the update smiling smiley
June 22, 2011 10:31AM
It was easy, if as i think the new option will be enough. Details here:
http://www.realtimedesigner.com/forum/read.php?1,2953

Thanks for the suggestion!
November 01, 2011 10:55AM
Update on what we've done with ours... Took a little inspiration from Hoodies.

November 01, 2011 11:12AM
Nice one!
November 01, 2011 08:34PM
Looking good PS! We have changed ours a little more since that first screen shot. We are hoping to have it live by the first of the year. We are working on our entire site, not just the RTD so it is taking a while. We are trying to make it as uniform as possible.
November 14, 2011 10:07PM
Awesome PS!!! Looks great! Do you only sell signs? Does the background change if they want banners?

I have no idea how to do this stuff (graphics design, CSS) lol....I need help for sure! When I have time I will do this...
December 02, 2011 11:12AM
Yea, the area where the sign is changes per product / product size so that people can sort of get an idea of scale. Its a pain to set up that many products backgrounds, but the margin tool works wonders.
December 19, 2011 11:33AM
Looking to hire someone with RTD experience.

We have tested a few different products with the RTD site and have found some great success. We are now looking to implement some general and client specific product links / sites. Is ther anyone with a good overall handle on this product (look & feel, pricing & size set-up) that would be interested in making some extra money. Alex and the others are always good with quick questions but we now need someone "on call" we could pay for overall support. We are dangerous enough on our end to set-up testing for clients, etc...but would rather focus on the marketing of the site than maint. Please send an e-mail to the following if interested with a few links to sites you have worked on. We are pretty laid back and do not need rush work....just help. Thanks.

seangrams@largeprinting.com
December 19, 2011 05:12PM
Sean,
E-mail me at info@mycustombandmerch.com. I designed the my custom band merch one above (it actually looks a lot cooler now than the screenshot above.) Would love to help you. E-mail me your requirements and what you want done and compensation.

scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login