Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Price Matrix for two different decorations on same mug

Posted by giftmugs 
Price Matrix for two different decorations on same mug
April 26, 2008 01:15PM
Hello RTD,

We are rather embarrassed to have to submit this post as we have to admit that we're not able to set up a price structure for our coffee mugs decorated on both sides: that is, two (2) sides, each mug side with a different (or same) decoration. We tried many, many possibilities, yet not one would generate the desired results. Hence our frustration with it...And this post.

As we have it now, RTD just doubles the price of the price matrix. It also doubles the cost of the clipart even though the clip art was only used on one (1) mug side. We had to set the Fixed Size to: 2 Sides, so that we would obtain a design area for the left and for the right mug side. See screen shot:

The price matrix as we have it set up presently already includes the cost of mug decorations on both mug sides, that is, customer can submit/create two different decorations for one (1) mug and should only pay the prices indicated/calculated here. See screen shot:

The order form that is presently generated by our setup offers our mugs at about twice the price that should be calculated. Hence customers do not place their order at these very high prices. See screen shot:

Can you please assist us in getting the pricing right for mugs decorated on both mug sides with either the same of different decorations on the same coffee mug. (Order Nr. is: 5821, just in case).

Also, would it be possible for the customer to see the two (2) mug decorations created by RTD in a "summary" type page before he/she goes on to actually place the order? (A view just as generated for the order confirmation would be great - see just above.) At present, only one side is shown to the customer.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
./.

Gift Mugs make great coffee Mug Gifts - www.giftmugs.com
Re: Price Matrix for two different decorations on same mug
April 26, 2008 03:13PM
Yes, I have a similiar problem with garments. We use DTG and only charge $5.00 for a second side print, not DOUBLE. There needs to be a matrix to imput a cost for extra PRINTS, such as back and sleeves. Give us a choice when setting up products.

Thanks
April 26, 2008 07:06PM
Currently the way to accomplish pricing for different number of printed sides is to create similar products with different # of sides and pricing - for instance:

MUG - Full Wrap Print
MUG - PRINT 1 Side
MUG - Print 2 Sides Same
MUG - Print 2 Sides - Each Different

or

T-Shirt - Front Only
T-Shirt - Front & Back
T-Shirt - Back Only
T-Shirt - Back & 2 Sleeves
T-Shirt - Front & 2 Sleeves
T-Shirt - Front, Back, 2 Sleeves

Making copies of the products is real easy - Set one product up completely - color, pricing, everything; then use the CLONE PRODUCT option and make the minor changes to the newly create product.

Next week when out team gets together, we will discuss how this could be accomplished with just 1 product which deciphers how many sides are printed. Hmmm.

Thanks
Mark :-)
April 27, 2008 12:55PM
Thank you for your timely reply.

Unfortunately I am not able to see how the suggestions you offer will remedy this problem at present.

We already do have "similar products with different # of sides and pricing" but since we have to use the Fixed Size to: 2 Sides, the price matrix calculates everything twice.
Please explain how we can create a new product that offers two (2) different design areas natively without having to use the Fixed Size to: 2 Sides option as this may solve this problem.

Also, you do not address the problem we experience that customers who create/order two-sided decorations and are not able to verify/see it just before placing their order. Please offer some suggestions on how we can create some sort of "summary" page for customers to verify their total order, including layout, before they actually proceed to the payment formalities.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
smiling smiley
./.

edited by admin

Gift Mugs make great coffee Mug Gifts - www.giftmugs.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2008 06:19PM by Admin.
April 27, 2008 05:59PM
OK - i see what you're talking about now. The price should not be doubled when you have 2 sides. We will get that fixed right away. I'll post as soon as it is fixed.

We'll add the other issues to our future projects list.

April 29, 2008 10:40AM
Developers on the rescue!
Some words to say about this topic.
An update is really close (probably within today/tomorrow).
In there, we added various small fix and addons, and 2 of them should finally solve your issues.
So let me describe you them, and after the update you will be able to test and see if they work for you.

1st: in RTD cart, where you actually can see only side1 thumbnail, all thumbnails will be shown.
Reserved space for them is 215 pixels: if all sides thumbnails will be longer in a row, a scrollbar will appear below them.

2nd: about pricing matrix.
We added a new "addon type", which is the raw product value.
It's a sort of fake addon, as it's values will be simpy added to the unit price.
In other words, if your items will cost 19.95 i any case, then you will need to add this addon and give it the value of 19.95, and set all other matrix items to zero. In simple terms, it's will behave lik a baseprice, no matter how many sides the product has.

Next, one quick explanation about how pricing works with multiside: it does not "double" the prices: it treats each side as a standalone design. In other words, a 2 sided item will be calculated as if they are 2 distinct designs.
This is the reason we made this new baseprice addon, hopefully you will see it online very soon.

Alex
April 29, 2008 07:39PM
A little more testing on our part, but things are looking really good. The new pricing feature Alex mentioned above will allow you to set a base price for a shirt or such. You can then define a front, back and even sleeves to be decorated. The price calculator will verify how many sides are decorated and adjust the price accordingly. Each side can even be priced differently - I think it will solve a lot of the pricing issues we've heard recently.

Thanks
April 30, 2008 07:53AM
It's up & running....

Product Base Price - if you are using products which can be printed differently on various sides, we've added a new add-on pricing category called RAW PRODUCT BASE PRICE. Use this feature to set a base price and the normal pricing matrix can be used to define the pricing for each printed side. At the end - the pricing will be summed to get the total price. Even single sided products can benefit by using this feature. If your product is priced at $20 setup plus $5 per square foot, put $20 in as the BASE PRICE.
The base price can even vary for each price break quantity if desired. If you set the BASE PRICE different for various sizes, the higher base price value will be used. This can get a bit complex to describe all the possible scenarios. Let us know if you have specific questions regarding multi-side pricing. Like everything related to pricing, be sure to test it thoroughly before making it live for your customers.

Here's the steps for using the Product Base Price:
a) From Configure Pricing Structure Screen, in the box titled "DEFINE PRICING ADD-ONS HERE" type in "BASE PRICE" in the Name box.
b) Use the pulldown and select "RAW PRODUCT BASEPRICE"
c) Click "ADD FIELD"
d) In the Pricing Matrix you will now see the line labeled "CUSTOM: BASE PRICE" - Enter your base price here and save your changes.
April 30, 2008 01:30PM
Can't get it. Ok I have for white t's set up, two sided. for one piece it's $14.95 for one sided print plus shirt, front or back. IF the customer wants a second side print there will be a $5.00 add on fee. We ALSO have set in place QUANTITY discounts, but the second side print is ALWAYS $5.00 more.

If I set sleeves it's $3.00 more each sleeve. Now, the second, third, fourth prints are OPTIONAL for the customer. I can't seem to set this up to include QUANTITY discounts and also add, extra prints IF the customer wants.

I've played around with the BASE PRICE add on and all it does is ADD the total, not give a unit price taking in account one side, twp sides, three sides, etc AND QUANTITY breaks.

Help
April 30, 2008 06:02PM
Try this:

Set the BASE PRICE at $9.95, set the price for the front and back at each $5.00 and each sleeve at $3.00 for the quantity of one. Set the BASE PRICE appropriately for each price break quantity, leaving the 1 color & full color prices the same for larger quantities.

Post or email me your site name, and the product and I can set this up or lok at it and tell you whats missing.

April 30, 2008 07:41PM
WHERE? Do I set the FRONT price and BACK price. I don't see that option.

Dale
April 30, 2008 10:07PM
I've set up a complete T shirt with similar pricing for you to copy and use as a base inside your site.

From your admin panel, click on "Load Product Definitions" in the PRODUCT OPTIONS area.

Find "T Shirt 2 sides w/ sleeves" - select it and import it into your site.

Look at the "Configure Pricing Structure" screen. You have 2 pricing table - the first is for sleeves ($3 each), the second is for the Front and Back ($5 each) with the base price for a shirt of $9.95, $8.95 for more than 12.

A refresher on how the matrix lookups work....
the overall screen for the Front & Back is 36x30 inches. (36x30=1080)

The sleeves are much smaller than 1080 so they will get their price from the first matrix. The back and front, being 1080 sq inches will get their price from the second matrix.

The system will calculate the price for each decorated size and sum it with the BASE PRICE which is set for that quantity.

Hope that helps.

May 01, 2008 03:31AM
You guys are BRILLIANT! Thaniks, I I like the way you set up the sleeves!

Thanks for all your help!

Dale
November 18, 2008 07:30PM
I'm resurrecting this post as I need the same help that you gave to DjDale. I want to add a second and third location to Long sleeve T-shirts, Sweatshirts and eventually the rest of the items in the category. The pricing will be $5.00 for an additional front or back regardless of the quantity. And each sleeve will be $3.00 regardless of quantity. What do I do?
As always thanks for your help!
Mike
Buffalo Graphix

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2008 07:38PM by Mike.
November 18, 2008 10:46PM
Mike - I'm confused. The help we provided to them is described above. Did you do the steps described above? If so what went wrong?

In CONFIGURE PRICING STRUCTURE be sure that you click YES for "Ignore background color in colorcount?" - if this is set to no, the charge for each side will apply even if that side is blank.

If that doesn't give you enough info, please give us a complete description of what product your are working with, and what problems you are encountering.

Mark
November 20, 2008 11:42AM
I need to learn how to follow directions. smiling smiley Once I did that it worked out fine. Thanks for your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login