Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Design Placement on Order Confirmation Form

Posted by giftmugs 
Design Placement on Order Confirmation Form
April 21, 2008 03:34PM
Hello RTD,

In the last few days we observed behavior not seen previously when receiving customer-generated digital image files. It seems that although the design areas are properly delimited in RTD (see screen shots), the resulting digital images shown in the order confirmation sheet and then downloaded, do not correspond to the art originally created and submitted via RTD.
Please consult the following screen shots for details:

- handle to left of decoration:

- handle to right of decoration
(the design is delimited properly here on the mug background, but not the resulting order design on the mug, below):

- Order confirmation and downloads:

Could you please help us with this? Thank you.

Gift Mugs make great coffee Mug Gifts - www.giftmugs.com
Re: Design Placement on Order Confirmation Form
April 21, 2008 11:09PM
Just to check: can you please tell me which ordernumber the screenshot of "Order confirmation and downloads" you posted is related to?
April 21, 2008 11:19PM
I tried duplicating your results but could not find any errors - like Alex said, we will need more details from the order which you noticed this problem - it seems to be related to the specific product definition.

Mark :-)
April 22, 2008 10:49AM
Order Nr. is: 0000005635

Hope this helps.

April 22, 2008 11:03AM
I forgot, there is also order Nr.:0000005550

Sorry.
./

April 22, 2008 11:51AM
Not sure, but it seems you had a temp problem.
I tried reimporting order 0000005635 in designer, i added it to cart and i submit it.
So, i simply repeated that same order.
You can see it in your admin panel, order # is 0000005700
I did nothing strange, but thumbs there are fine.

This leads to a common problem in debugging: i can't replicate the issue, so i can't debug it.
I know this may sound odd, but in cases like this what would be needed is a "step by step" guide to replicate the problem itself, and ocnsidering that order was not made by you it seems you can't help in this.
But on my side, without being able to see the issue it's impossible to do anything...
Do you have any knowledge of some extra infos that may be useful?

Sorry i can't help yet, but i wanted also to explain why i can't, at this stage.

Alex
April 22, 2008 12:36PM
Alex,

Yes, indeed, now the thumbnails show up correctly in the test/repeat order #5700 you placed (for # 5635).
You are correct in assuming that I do not have any additional information as I only see these errors when I open the Manage Order page.

It is, however, not an isolated case, as order # 5550 produced the very same error thumbnails a while back.

Thank you very much for your speedy reply and explanations.

April 30, 2008 02:58PM
While trying to implement the new multi-sided pricing matrix, I accidentally stumbled upon a way to re-create the design shifts reported upon previously. You may be able to re-create this problem by proceeding as I did, namely:
- Fill first side with default text
- Fill 2nd side with default text (right side)
- Edit default text on 2nd side (stretch-filled to total available design space)
- Edit default text on first side (stretch-filled to total available design space)
during the "Add to Cart" operations (done between each design modification), the design will shift.

You can repeat this observation with clip arts, too, as shown in below screen shot:

This shifting of the design is important as it will show in the hi-res generated file, making it unusable.
As you can see, it seems that only the "right" (or 2nd side) side is affected by this design shift.

Please let me know should you require the URL for our two-sided mug decoration matrix used to re-create this.
./..

April 30, 2008 09:45PM
Yes - excellent description - now let us try to find out whats going on. We will report back soon.

Mark
April 30, 2008 09:56PM
Yes, issue confirmed.
You description helped a lot, and this is good: the "real" issue is far more dangerous, so really good you alerted about that with a way to "see" it.

To tell it quickly, non visible sides elements are changed by position. You can replicate the issue without even resizing anything, just filling side1 and 2, and then returning to side1 and trying to save.
All seems correct only if you add to cart when you're in the last side.

I also found where it happens, but i still have to find a way to fix it: it is in one of the most complex part of the whole designer code... I swear, i tried 4 hours today only on it!!!! smiling smiley

So it's enough for today: i will be on it again tomorrow, with a more fresh mind.
I will write here again as soon as i will solve it once and for all.

Thank you again for your help!

Alex
April 30, 2008 11:41PM
YAY!
5 AM here, more than 6 hours on this subject, but at the end i found it!

Only 4 lines of code, but really really well hidden... sort of routine of the routine od the subroutine.
But that's ok, i will go to sleep happy.

NOTE: The first one here who will try to even think we're not taking care of our users will be banned forever by me personally! smiling smiley

Goodnite world,

Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login