RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible to disable or redirect "Product" and "Design Another" buttons?

Posted by cos 
cos
Possible to disable or redirect "Product" and "Design Another" buttons?
April 12, 2008 04:20PM
From your Template Creation Tutorial:

SETTING UP LINKS TO TEMPLATES
The RealTimeDesigner is set up so that you can set links from your existing website to direct users into the system with the Product, Size and Template predetermined. This is useful if you want to preset options for the user. For instance, if you service a national account, you may wish to build a page on your site highlighting products for that client. You would then put links on your site to pre-load the RealTimeDesigner with that product/design combination.

For those of us not primarily using the catalog - meaning we mainly use Product Specific templates that are accessed directly from our website:

Is it possible to turn off or redirect these two buttons in the designer?:

The main "Product" button and the "Product Selection" which appears after the "Product" button.

Is it possible to turn off or redirect the "Design Another" that appears in the cart?

Turning them off would be sufficient in many cases, but on a product by product basis would be better, because we could still utilize that feature to direct customers to our catalog when desired.

Also, is it possible to place Product Specific templates together in the Catalog under a template category so users will be directed to that category when clicking "Design Another"?
Re: Possible to disable or redirect "Product" and "Design Another" buttons?
April 14, 2008 12:13AM
About Product Specific templates sorry, but the answer is no at this time.
Catalog is built for general templates, i would need to develop a new catalog system to list also product specific templates.
But as usual i will think about that, don't consider yourself abandoned!!! smiling smiley
Another solution could be to save your templates as general ones, and disallow template categories you don't want for each product (PRODUCT OPTIONS => Configure Products => Disallowed General Templates)

About disabling "Product" and "Design Another": yes, it is really simple.
Just edit the style you're using, and upload a 1x1 transparent gif for those buttons.
We already tried this, seems to work nice (it's really really REALLY hard that a customer will click an invisible pixel by error!).

Hope this helps, let me know!
cos
April 14, 2008 06:57AM
>Alex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
]> Another solution could be to save your templates
> as general ones, and disallow template categories
> you don't want for each product (PRODUCT OPTIONS
> => Configure Products => Disallowed General
Templates)

That's a workable solution for now. Thanks.

> About disabling "Product" and "Design Another":
> yes, it is really simple.
> Just edit the style you're using, and upload a 1x1
> transparent gif for those buttons.
> We already tried this, seems to work nice (it's
> really really REALLY hard that a customer will
> click an invisible pixel by error!).

Yes, I thought about that one. It solves the issue, however, it doesn't allow to keep the option available for general template use.
Instead of "Product specific templates", could you add new button options to styles that we can program our own redirect to take customer back to our website page to choose another product? Or possibly put it in the company setup page? I think as long as user continues to use the same computer, they will not loose their cart, correct?

Thanks for your beautiful work.
cos
April 14, 2008 05:45PM
Nice solution to use the 1x1 transparent gif. You also have to change the text label that reads:

"Upper Tabs: Product" in the field, the default is "Product".

You have to delete that word "Product"

All is well. Good solution.

I noticed that the "Design another" loads the current cart contents in the catalog, so that can be used as a starter for designing another. This may work well.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login