RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lots of New Updates

Posted by Admin 
Lots of New Updates
March 04, 2008 11:47PM
We haven't posted much lately but we've been busy!

1) Sales tax has been added for those who need to collect it. Click on ONLINE PAYMENT OPTIONS -> SALES TAX. You can set a different tax rate for each state and country, and you can set whether or not tax is due on shipping as well.

2) If you use the "SUBMIT FOR QUOTE RULES" for for out of bounds orders (too big, too many colors, et) your users will now see a note telling them the reason. This may help them to change their design to your standards before submitting.

3) The Screen Layout Width has been changed to float with the users screen width, eliminating most horizontal scrolling for those with lower resolution screens.

4) You can now set a default template category for each product using the CONFIGURE DEFAULTS link.

Talk to you soon,
Mark Gering
cos
Re: Lots of New Updates
March 06, 2008 05:43PM
I'm wondering if #3 above is causing this issue:

The area where the commands are now has a horizontal scroll bar. I do not like this. The only way to get rid of it is make the window wide. I don't remember this being there before. I don't like it. Very confusing to the user.

scroll bar
March 07, 2008 07:18AM
Yes - that is likely the reason - but if we change the code back, your users will have to scroll to see the design - Why would your users screen be so narrow to begin with? Can you send us links to where your customers enter the RealTimeDesigner?

This works real well for handling both 1024 and 1280 screen widths. (sorry 600x800 is just too small to do much with RealTimeDesigner)

Mark :-)
March 07, 2008 10:26PM
Found the issue - your help text below the designer window was too wide - we don't force any wrapping on that text - it displays just as you type it in. We tweaked your site - please take a look to see if it is acceptable to you.

Mark :-)
cos
March 08, 2008 10:42AM
Hey, Thank you. I really appreciate that. After reading your 1st response I suspected the help text might be the cause and woke up this morning to do some tests. You beat me to the punch!

The more I use the system, the more I learn and appreciate what you have accomplished.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login