RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fotolia live. 22,000,000 images

Posted by Admin 
Fotolia live. 22,000,000 images
September 06, 2013 09:47AM
For those interested in premium clipart images, we've worked a deal with fotolia.com. Clients can add fotolia images to their design. your cost is $3 per image you can charge whatever you desire. this addon requires that we turn it on for you. please contact us if interested.

mark sr.
Re: Fotolia live. 22,000,000 images
September 09, 2013 02:01PM
Hi -

Is there a working example of this integration with fotolia?

I'm curious how the "premium" images will be integrated to the designer. How will the user select them?

We have RTD integrated with our existing shopping cart via a "Bridge". I imagine this "add-on" pricing will present problems for our cart integration. I really like the concept though.

Regards,

John
September 09, 2013 09:16PM
cos
September 09, 2013 09:41PM
Here's my quick one paragraph review of this feature:

Fotolia addition is very useful. Still some rough edges in the implementation, but having all those images available is a real plus. The pricing is very attractive. The main caveat is that you will have to manually replace the watermarked image with the high res image downloaded on the Manage Orders page. Another is that all images are not suited for placement in a design, such as images that are multiple items in one. But, for the most part millions are images are usuable and attractive. For purposes of one-on-one with customers in a store-front shop, this is easy for adding images to designs without extra steps. Those with only online customers might find it a bit more challenge at times. One thing that the announcement didn't mention - customers cannot use the RTD editing tools on the watermarked images. This is especially good as you certainly don't want to repeat that yourself with the hires images. All in all, I like this Fololia feature. Looking forward to more integration like this in the future and seeing the rough edges smoothed out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login