RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CLIPART & FONT LICENSING

Posted by Admin 
CLIPART & FONT LICENSING
February 06, 2008 08:23PM
We have recently learned that our clipart license covering most of our clipart does not permit "online designing". We are discussing an Extended Use Agreement as well as evaluating other clipart sources. Starting immediately nearly all system clipart has been taken down from view of end Users. You will still be able to access files used in your existing designs.

We expect that our solution to the clipart licensing issue will be a greatly reduced clipart library. We suggest that you begin inserting your own designs. In the next few days we'll be adding a new tutorial on UPLOADING CLIPART to the RealTimeDesigner.com forum.

We have the same issue with fonts but you may likely have licenses which cover their use. Please review all the fonts used on your designer and remove all that you are not legitimately entitled to use.

We'll keep you posted on this and other developments. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but we must keep our attorneys happy.
cos
Re: CLIPART & FONT LICENSING
February 06, 2008 09:48PM
So, the question is: (sorry for the non-attorney language)

As regards clipart I am currently using in my company: I believe the license covers pretty much any use I want as long as I am the one producing the products. It would not cover me then distributing out that clip-art to other companies to produce products. If I store the clip art within RTD for exclusive use by my company to produce products, it seems to me that would be the same thing as storing the files locally in my physical business location and allowing my customers to choose a clipart for the product my company will produce. So . . .

Can I legally upload my clip art libraries to my RTD account for only my customers to use?

I'm really sorry to see the RTD clip art go. There were some great images. The clip art companies need to wake up and realize this is the way of the future. Look at the example of the music industry.

I would really like to see a feature to have access to online clipart and photo libraries from within RTD. It would be great to pick images from istockphoto.com or Dreamstime.com or bigstockphoto.com. I think it would be another welcome revenue stream for those companies.
cos
February 14, 2008 11:30AM
I see clipart making its way back on the site. This is good. Are there more to come?
February 14, 2008 10:53PM
We are now negotiating with graphicsfactory.com their clipart licensing is very liberal - please have a look at thier site and let us know what you think. You are always free to upload your own clipart, too.,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login