RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cliparts: multiple colors change limit increased

Posted by Alex 
Cliparts: multiple colors change limit increased
March 29, 2010 12:01AM
To match various users needs, i've increased the number of colors that allows the "change color" tool for cliparts (in designer).
The previous limit was 4 unique colors.
Now i've changed a bit the layout of the change color tool, and it will allow to change up to 8 colors.

If the clipart will have more than 8 unique colors, the usual "Color for this clipart is not editable" message will be shown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2010 12:02AM by Alex.
Re: Cliparts: multiple colors change limit increased
March 29, 2010 02:26AM
The only issue I see with the change is that when you click on an original color to make a change, nothing visually happens. There is no visual cue that the original color has been selected for change. The old system had the each color across the top with each system color below it.

I don't know if you can have the "NEW" color appear next to the changed original color or not, but I think something is needed to alert the user that they have actually accomplished something.

Curious as to what everyone else thinks.

BTW, great change. That should be very helpful to users.
March 29, 2010 02:51AM
You're right, in some way this is a first implementation test.
I had to think at something "compact", and so far the orig color in one column and the color chart in the second seems the best option to allow many color management: old system would now have up to eight color charts, which means really confusin. (btw, wih this solution the max color # could be easily increased, if needed in future).

So, it seems the point now is to make clear an "original color" must be selected, in order to change it. And the "Apply"button must be clicked to see the changes.
One way could be to think something at GUI level, another one to add a descriptive text on top (praying some user will eve read it, naturally...) Any idea/suggestion?
March 29, 2010 03:03AM
I don't know if you can make the original color selected "highlight" in some fashion. Make that color box change to grey or something just so the user knows something is actually happening when they select that original color.

I don't know if this is feasible or not, but if you had two columns on the left side with column 1 being original color and column 2 being new color, that would at least let people know that they are doing something.

The most important thing right now, in my opinion, is to give some visual cue that an original color has been selected for change.
March 29, 2010 10:40AM
Wait, now i see!
The highlight in the popup was there, but i used the style value of the "Items Box Bgcolor" property.
I noticed it's white or transparent in your designer.

So, i've added a new dedicated style option: "Popups multi colorlist - selected colors highlight color"
Don't know if it will suffice, but at least it will let you know you're actually doing something.

Let me know.
March 29, 2010 04:24PM
That works now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login