RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do the different currencies work?

Posted by cbndesigns 
How do the different currencies work?
June 27, 2016 12:15AM
I'm in Australia and there isn't an option to use the Aussie Dollar. Does the currency used in the designer matter for anything more than just the symbol used?
Re: How do the different currencies work?
June 27, 2016 07:53AM
Mostly not, unless you are using online payment option (PayPal, Creditcard, etc..).
In that case there might be issues, as you have to instruct the payment gateway about the REAL currency to be used. Is that your case?
June 27, 2016 11:27PM
I haven't gotten to setting up a payment gateway yet, but I'm hoping that RTD just sends a dollar amount to the gateway and I need to tell the gateway what currency to expect.
June 29, 2016 01:55AM
That's not the case. When using PayPal and other gateways, the RTD also send it the currency to be used.
However, that can be added to the whole system.
I am just not used to aussie currency codes, so please confirm if this is correct first:

- the symbol to be used is the same $ as od US Dollars;
- the correct currency code to pass to gateways should be AUD instead of USD

Is this correct?
July 04, 2016 02:00AM
Yeah that's correct.
July 04, 2016 04:57AM
It's done, then.
in SYSTEM OPTIONS => Company Setup there's not the new AUD value for Currency to use?.
visually it will still use the dollar sign. But if PayPal or similar will be used, RTD will pass it the AUD code as the currency to use.

However, as you'll be the first one using this, I'd ask you to make a test and jsut verify everything works correctly before using PayPal in production. If you will experience any issue... well, just let us know smiling smiley

Thanks!

Alex
July 04, 2016 07:05PM
That's awesome thanks! I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully I'll have the products list sorted this week and get onto the payment gateway next week.

Thanks again grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login