RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Safari on MAC instant pricing - not checking for cookies

Posted by customsigncenter-1 
Safari on MAC instant pricing - not checking for cookies
February 04, 2019 02:00PM
I had a customer the other day call me about our system not working. She was using a MAC with Safari.
we've done some testing here and we believe it is the instant pricing (products you can not change) products and RTD does not check for cookies on those. So when you get there and add to cart you get a blank screen inside the RTD page area and it says your cart is empty with no buttons showing. Have you heard anything like this before and can you fix this?
it has something to do with cookies not being enabled.
let me know your thoughts.
thanks
tamara
Re: Safari on MAC instant pricing - not checking for cookies
February 04, 2019 11:22PM
Hi Tamara,

No, I never heard of this from other users. However, the RTD requires cookies to work because the cart is saved in user session: without cookies there cannot simply be ANY use session.

But from your post I cannot understand one thing about this. You wrote it has something to do with cookies not being enabled.
You meant it's about RTD not checking/setting the cookie, or that the user is blocking cookies?

In the latter case there's of course no way for it to work, as stated above. But if you found out it's RTD, then the thing could get a little more complicated.

I would first ask you if this user is the ONLY one you have which reported problems. I do not have a safari/MAC combination to test here, but if an issue happens to a single user only there are high chances the issue is just specific to him.

When facing issues like this the very first step is to determine where the issue lies for real - and in this case it means RTD or user. So can you let me first know if this is happening only to this customer or not?
And if you were able to replicate, can you give me the exact link this all starts from, as well as letting me know if this happens for that link only or also on other links/products?

Thanks,

Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login