RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sort Order for Clipart Search Results

Posted by customle 
Sort Order for Clipart Search Results
September 21, 2018 01:43PM
I have the SORT ORDER set for my images and it works great; however, if a user does a search for an image the SORT ORDER function doesn't work. It seems as though the system images show first regardless of the category or image sort number. How can I make the SEARCH function recognize the SORT ORDER?
Re: Sort Order for Clipart Search Results
September 22, 2018 02:19AM
"Kinda" my bad. I tried a fix, but let me explain.

When a search is first performed, ALL of the results are shown in the page. Only when you actually click on a category it will show results relevant to that category only.
It was actually sorting correctly, but being all together the feeling was not, becuase you were first receiving soretd items of different categories.

So now I tried to force respecting the 1st matched category also on first search. So, results will be no more all immediately visible, but only the ones of the 1st category. To see the others, you will now have to click the other categories.

Please try it and let me know how you feel it now.
September 22, 2018 04:08PM
That won't work because I don't think the user will click on the other categories at the left if their search didn't show all thumbs for that search term. Can you undo that, please?

My original search results did show all related thumbs but they were not in the assigned sort order. It was showing system clips before my clips even if the order assigned to them was for mine to come first.

For example, clip SA_A-0038.png (sort order "-10") in category AMERICAN PRIDE (sort order 0) was displayed below MADE-IN-THE-USA LOGO.eps (sort order 0) in category LOGO M (sort order 50) when I searched for "USA".

I was hoping to see the results of all resulting clips in the sort order assigned. Was the negative sort number -10 the problem?
September 23, 2018 03:10AM
Ok, undone. I now see the problem.
Cliparts were correctly ordered by order, however in global search categories were not.
Now I changed things, and in search results will now be sorted fist by the categories order, and then by clipart order.
Please try again and let me know.

Thanks,

Alex
September 23, 2018 05:42PM
I tried a search for AMERICA (filtered using EXACT MATCH) and the results included hundreds of unrelated clips.

An example is clip id 170633 (file name SA_B-0864.png) in category Recreation - Games - Hobbies (keywords: none). That clip does not appear when I click on any of the categories listed. I found many like this.

What I found (I think) was that if one image in a category matches the search, then all clips in that category were showing in the initial search results. If I click on one of the categories, it then only shows the relevant clips.

Can the search function only display the clips that match?
September 24, 2018 03:07AM
Hehe, easy things are never easy.
Ok, I tested again. Problem now was about the EXACT MATCH kind of search.
I'm not going to bother you too much with tech stuffs, so can you please try again and see if this time everything seems to match your keywords?
September 24, 2018 04:33PM
Perfect, thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login