RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Background colors showing but un-clickable

Posted by customsigncenter-1 
Background colors showing but un-clickable
August 03, 2018 11:05AM
Good morning. I've created a new vehicle graphics template for corna-kokosing. They have specific colors in their brand identity so I chose only those colors for their background colors for their vehicles, which will mostly be the pms 151 orange or white.
unfortunately only a few of their 8 colors were clickable so I added another set which I created using the rgb functions to add colors.
I chose them and three whites because you can't choose either of the 2 whites that were already in the color book - they show up all the way to the left.
I can't use a shape for the background color because I have a background image, just a few lines with no color between. You can view the template here:
vehcile graphics-truck rear quarter panel

I've tried using a group, I've tried selecting the colors individually and I get the same result, the first 4 colors, starting from the left, are un clickable. I do not want to look stupid to Corna Kokosing by having colors they are unable to click in their background, and by repeating these colors it just looks really dumb.

I could probably use a work around but thought there might be something simple that I'm missing.

I could use my background image as a clipart and put a shape in the background that they can edit the color. this is what I'm going to do as I can't get this to work for me.

your help is appreciated!
thanks
tamara
Re: Background colors showing but un-clickable
August 06, 2018 12:41AM
There is a CSS issue in there. Can be solved editing the style in SYSTEM OPTIONS => Styles Setup => [your style].

the problem is the startup image. With this entry in CSS you are forcing the left side to be 370 pixels:
tr#mainlayout_tr_3 td#elements_sizectrl_s1 {
  max-width: 370px; 
  min-height: 100% !important;
}

However, your startup image is wider (455 pixels) and so it covers and makes unclickable some elements.
So you have 2 solutions.

First is CSS, forcing tha image to be maximum the size of it's container. It's an entry like this:
#startup_image img { max-width: 100% }

Second possibility is to replace the image in the ICONS AND IMAGES section with something smaller.
I would go for the CSS solution thost, it will be better in general.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login