RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mysterious clipart showing up

Posted by customsigncenter-1 
mysterious clipart showing up
July 25, 2018 09:48AM
Good morning. I was working on adding clipart and some new templates when I noticed that there are a slew of images showing up that I do not recognize. They all have their name but above the name it shows the website from which they came.
is this something new you guys are doing? or have we been hacked?
they only way they show up is if I do a search for star or some other element
website listed under each, some with vectorportal.com, some with public-domain-photos.com, openclipart.org
but when I go to RTD to look up the image it's not there.
can you explain, please?
Attachments:
open | download - rtd-clipart.jpg (659.8 KB)
Re: mysterious clipart showing up
July 25, 2018 11:09AM
Those are RTD system cliparts, and the ones from vectorportal.com are there since March 2013.
As a quick check I verified that the vectorportal.com ones are within the RTD "Miscellaneous" category.
So, if your product is using that category or a group having that category included, nothing strange they're appearing.

The reason why you see them searching for "star" is because the vectorportal clips you're mentioning have "sale label starburst" as keywords, and so "star" is a match.
July 25, 2018 11:14AM
is it some deal you have with that website? I can't believe I haven't seen that before. I upload images regularly.
what about the other two sites?
do you allow open source websites to add images to the categories?
I just wanted to verify it wasn't something off the cuff
I appreciate your help.
July 25, 2018 11:43AM
All those cliparts are from free sources. The only thing they required was to be credited, and that's why you're seeing the website name.
In any case no one can add more: those are sets we uploaded ourselves back in 2013 to create some basic library for new RTD users. Those open source websites have no access to the RTD
July 25, 2018 11:44AM
thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.
I do appreciate your support.
smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login