RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

instant pricing add ons

Posted by customsigncenter-1 
instant pricing add ons
April 24, 2018 11:19AM
good morning. I have signs that either will or will not include the installation price, depending on the selection of the customer in the cart as they check out. So I have set up in the product configurator fields section PNP Installation. it's normal so that the installation will have a check box in the cart for them to check, not a drop down. see image 1
then I went to the product: 2'h x 2'w Post-N-Panel and clicked on configure instant pricing and product configurator and click just the installation for 2x2 PNP - see image 2
at this point I'm following the manual for this function
Now I click into configure pricing structure
top box - see image 3 - enable pricing=yes all others =no
next box is Define Pricing Add-ons here - see image 4
I have one and two sided products. The one sided product has matrix 11.0000 with custom base price $625 and the 2x2 PNP Installation = $676
the two sided is using matrix 12.0000 with custom base price of $718.75 and 2x2 PNP Installation of $676, same as 1 sided. see image 5

so now I go to the product and open up the first one I've been working on in configure sizes.
click configure sizes
click fixed sizes
click on the link for 2x2 Aiden 2-sided to open the product to test the pricing
it's working appropriately in the sandbox, just fyi
I import the 2x2 Aiden template 2 sided
the price showing where is says checking price is displaying $718.75 correctly
Now I click on Add to Cart. Once the quantity comes up I click image is OK, compose it and add it to cart
after doing that it performs the requested operation and the cart opens up
In the cart it gives the product price of $718.75 which is correct!
however the check box for my add on 2x2 PNP Installation doubles the price for installation to $1352
I'm thinking it's a double sided sign so I went to check in the configure sizes. I open up the aiden 2-sided
side one shows 12 as size override to get the correct price matrix and side 2 has 0.000 to ignore. I thought that would do it but no
I opened it back up and went through the cart operations again and now it says submit for quote! when I add it to the cart it still gives me the installation $1352 which is twice the amount I need it to be. Do I have to put half of the price in it for the 2 sided products?

Please help me fix this.
thanks!!!!
Attachments:
open | download - RTD Help-image1.jpg (285.8 KB)
open | download - RTD Help-image2.jpg (537.4 KB)
open | download - RTD Help-image3.jpg (602.8 KB)
open | download - RTD Help-image4.jpg (536 KB)
open | download - RTD Help-image5.jpg (525.3 KB)
Re: instant pricing add ons
April 24, 2018 01:23PM
this is probably in the wrong board, too.

I fixed this by dividing the installation by 2 and putting that number in for the pricing for the 2 sided signs.

other than the three -1's in Used colors > -1 WxH > -1 Total price > -1 in the configure pricing structure, how do you stop it from saying Submit for Quote in the check out?
Re: instant pricing add ons
April 25, 2018 01:34PM
Yes, was the wrong board, so moved here as well.

I have not checked your product setup, but the important thing to keep in mind with multisided products is that each side will be priced standalone.
So, if your matrix is actually matching BOTH the sides and the checkbox option has a certain value, then checking it will double the price simply because of this. If the addon is meant to be applied only once, then the solution is to make it a "product based addon" instead.
If it really need to follow qty, then your solution is a possible workaround, or you should have different matrixes for each side (so that, in the second one, that options can be set with a price of zero).

As per the "Submit for Quote": that statement normally appears if pricing is disabled or if, for whatever reason, price cannot be calculated.
If you're seeing that and it's not expected to be there, then I'd need a direct linik to the product so that I can experience the issue directly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login