Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emergency Issue

Posted by NSFGraphics 
Emergency Issue
January 11, 2018 04:22PM
Alex,
I was updating image links in our header when it all fell apart. I re-uploaded the header code from last year, and it was still messed up. See attached file. Can you tell me what went wrong?
Attachments:
open | download - ka-blooey.jpg (238.4 KB)
Re: Emergency Issue
January 11, 2018 04:32PM
Update: It appears to be happening in Firefox only.
January 11, 2018 04:44PM
Update 2: Now it's happening in Chrome
January 12, 2018 08:13AM
I'm afaid I'm in need of a link to check.
I looked at a random one of your main store and everything looked just fine in both FF and Chrome

Alex
January 12, 2018 08:47AM
Alex,
At this point, I don't know what's going on. Everything looked fine on my home computer, and this morning it looks fine in both Chrome and Explorer. It's happening on every product in the design tool, but only in Firefox. I cleared everything and restarted Firefox, but it still doesn't load the header properly. I am going to try a reinstall of Firefox.
January 12, 2018 09:06AM
Actually, in here I am using Palemoon (it's a fork of FF but it's not "pure" FF).
So, assuming it might be related to it: have you laready tried to visit if from FF on a different computer? Just to narrow down if the problem is only your own computer or FF in geenral
January 12, 2018 10:05AM
Alex,
I reinstalled Firefox, and now everything looks correct. Firefox was checked on two different computers last night, and everything looked fine.I will update if anything changes.
January 12, 2018 11:23AM
Alex,
It's happening again. Same issue in Firefox, and Chrome. Explorer still displays header normally. It occurs for all items.
January 12, 2018 11:35AM
One thing I have discovered is that when the page loads properly and I click our logo to return to out store page, when I return to the designer, everything is distorted as in the attachment in my first post. This happened in Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer, on two different computers.
January 12, 2018 12:45PM
Ok so: I was able to see that happening, after some tries.
For you to know, I will be away shortly and till Sunday night. This to let you know in case you'll be guessing why I'm not replying anymore.

What I found: the issue is in your header of course, but I also found the root. You are loading an external CSS.
Specifically with this line:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-46916591293778/nsf-styles.css">;

By visitng it, sometimes it works and sometimes it returns a yahoo's issue page.
However, in your header code you linked that CSS directly and that's what's controlling your header styles.
In short, until that file will be served properly by yahoo, you'll keep having the issue. And the issue is caused by Yahoo not serving you the expected CSS.
Moreover, being a statinc link itget CACHED by browsers, so that explains why it is so hard to see that happening.

Linking to external resources can be dangerous, so if you do now know when this might get solved you might want to host that file somewhere else, or write it s contents directly inline in the header code within a STYLE tag in place of the link tag.

Hope this helps!
January 12, 2018 12:50PM
Alex,
I was just about to post the same thing. There is now a known issue with our main site causing editor, and api issues. I figured that might be where the problem was coming from. Thanks for the confirmation!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login