RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Paragraph Text

Posted by saymoretrophy 
Paragraph Text
March 14, 2017 08:31AM
Many of my products require many lines of text, such as a recognition plaque. Currently, either I can have many lines added to be customized individually, or have multi lines which makes all the lines the same. In my industry it is quite common to have different fonts and sizes on different lines, and even different fonts within the same word (sometimes we use a fancy script capital letter followed by non script letters)

Under the current methods this makes it very difficult to truly design something like a plaque with ease. I know we can use templates to help some of these issues, but I would really like the ability to make text entry easier and utilize something like a paragraph text feature, where you can change info within the paragraph. Much like the editor we use in this post, you can change Boldness and size.

It is not uncommon to have 20 lines of text on a plaque and then on top of that making sure that a customer aligns each line accordingly, plus with equal spacing between the lines. Paragraph text would help define line spacing and ensure each line is centered to each other.

Gregory Slossar, Owner
Saymore Trophy Company
Re: Paragraph Text
March 14, 2017 04:32PM
I am sorry, but such feature is currently unavailable.
From a technical perspective that's because in the designer we handle also texts as images, and so effects we can apply to text entries (such as bold or italic) can at most be applied to the ENTIRE element.
This also because there's a strict relation between possible effects and uploaded fonts: bold and italic are not "font effects": they're truly different and separate fonts. This means that the RTD cannot even give for granted that "effected" version of the current font even exists.

If you're interested in the tech reasons behind this answer, we had a similar discussion in past here. But the final answer was still this:

This was to explain the reasons behind my answers. The short version is this:
As things are now we cannot have a bod/italic toggle because it's not given that every font has them, so cannot be set as a default behavior for all RTD users.

Link to discussion: http://support.realtimedesigner.com/forum/read.php?5,6250

Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login