Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

View Proof Button Issue

Posted by NSFGraphics 
View Proof Button Issue
February 27, 2017 04:39PM
Alex,
We are having an issue with our View Proof button. Sometimes it will open a blank savestill.php page instead of downloading the proof, or giving the option to open or download the proof.It has happened with stock images, text, and blank templates, so we can't narrow it down to anything in particular. Any ideas for a solution? Anybody else experiencing this?

Lee
Re: View Proof Button Issue
February 27, 2017 11:21PM
Uh,

if we have no way to replicate the issue that it would be hard to debug.
However, if it is a "sometimes" thing, this means it is not a coding error. So could be related to temporary server issues perhaps. But the problem is if I cannot replicate it then I really have nothing I can check... which means I will need as much data as possible.
If you will see that happening again I would need to know:
1) the exact date/time that happened
2) your current IP address at the time of the issue
3) a screenshot of what you had in the designer

Those data might not even be enough, but they would al;low me to check server logfiles and see if, by any chance, anything at all was happening around.
If anybody else saw this, it would be helpful to know
March 01, 2017 02:48PM
Alex,
1) the exact date/time that happened- March,1;2:36pm EST
2) your current IP address at the time of the issue- 75.110.111.176
3) a screenshot of what you had in the designer-

March 01, 2017 08:12PM
What was the issue? forced download or blank page?
March 02, 2017 08:57AM
Blank page.
March 03, 2017 09:52AM
Busy days in here!
I will try to look into this, but it will more likely be during next week. Just FYI!
March 09, 2017 02:10PM
Hello again.
So, I tried a couple times. But was unable to get the issue.
I was in chrome and after clicking the proof button a PDF file was saved, ready for me to open it. And it was just fine, no blank area.
In the logs I was unable to find useful info either, so I really have nothing specific to look at.

For this, I think it's a timing issue. Something like the script being too fast in retrieving data, even before they're actually in the disk.
SO I made a test. Now the proof page will delay a couple seconds before making the filecheck.
What I need to know though is if this solves the issue: I cannot really say because it never happened to me, so please just let me know if it will happen again in future.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login