Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Links and Builders General Templates size

Posted by cos 
cos
Links and Builders General Templates size
January 29, 2016 12:28PM
Using Links and Builders => General Templates Links. Would it be possible for another step to be put into that process wherein one could choose which product size to use instead of the default set for the product? Or is that possible already?
Re: Links and Builders General Templates size
January 30, 2016 03:48AM
That would be extremely hard and confusing, as it would mean to offer selection for all sizes of all products. Really too much to combine in a single page!

The old way of doing this though was the use of the RTD catalog, by using the mass link builder.
Details about it can be found here:
http://support.realtimedesigner.com/wiki/doku.php/rtd_manual_ch_07_artwork_templates#template_mass_link_builder

In there, the catalog will give you links of templates related to the size you're currently working on. This however means this will be valid only one size at a time.

The only other alternative would be to build an API builder (using the GetGeneralTemplates action). However, it will allow to define sizes only for fixed sized products. Ranged size will keep using the default size.
cos
January 31, 2016 08:55PM
A quick question first. Haven't touched the catalog in quite some time. Does that reference you have there show General Templates? We may have hidden those as they aren't showing. Wanted to know before I go digging through old territory.
cos
February 01, 2016 06:32AM
Answer is yes, gen templates show. Had to revert to original css. But now, this does answer some questions. I can't see that it shows hidden general template categories, which is what we are after here. Also, working through this old catalog to do what we are trying to achieve would be a chore to say the least.

So, on to a suggestion. I agree that would be extremely hard and confusing to add sizes in the Links and Builders => General Templates Links, but only in how it’s presented. How about if it was presented exactly like you have in Manage Pricing Structure Options using Show/Hide Modifier Mode? A toggle there would be ideal and out of the way unless you wanted to use it.
cos
February 02, 2016 07:00AM
Am I nuts? Was this there or did you add a new link builder => General Templates Raw Export?

That is exactly what we are after. Does the job. Bravo!

If I may be so bold as to ask one request for that page. If you could do this, it would be the HOLY GRAIL for building product pages, especially private product pages.

Change that Line Export Format field to a text editor style field respecting code format.

With that we could make chunks of code, ready to go! There would be no limits as to what could be done very quickly.
cos
February 02, 2016 10:41AM
There's a lot of possibilities here. Will need to work through them.
cos
February 03, 2016 04:39PM
Alex, your previous instruction: Details about it can be found here:
http://support.realtimedesigner.com/wiki/doku.php/rtd_manual_ch_07_artwork_templates#template_mass_link_builder

I think it should have been the section right above there LINKING TO GENERAL TEMPLATES FROM EXTERNAL PAGES.
February 03, 2016 09:38PM
Hey, it's nice to see a user discussing with himself tongue sticking out smiley
I thought you know about that raw export tool already, it's there since a while ago.
I am just glad to know I was so close to the creation of an Holy Grail!!!!

Well, your request is easy, so DONE!
Now the Line Export field is a textarea. Should worrk as you'd like.
cos
February 05, 2016 11:07AM
Yes, I enjoy talking to myself. I was out of town yesterday, so glad you caught up with me.

Gen raw export . . . Don't know why I haven't seen that, except that we have mostly used Product Templates and the API for Gen Templates in a broad kinda way.

Still, with some exploration this would be the Holy Grail for certain situations. I will have some additional conversations with myself and report back here when ready.

Thanks for the texarea.
cos
February 15, 2016 06:22AM
After a bit of work with this new text area, I can say it makes for quick work producing nice chunks of code whether short or long. We do have a few suggestions which could speed production even more.

1. Add a Template Picker somehow into the export format area. This would allow for exporting only the ratio formats one would desire to use.

2. Add a Line Export Format SAVE option to keep snippets ready for use. Like the Sys Options Email & Export templates. How nice it would be to quickly load a pre-saved code snippet ready for action.

Will be interesting to see how this progresses. Anyone else out there see this as useful? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
February 16, 2016 08:29PM
From me, I think this can be useful for sure. However, the "demand" is currently limited to this thread.
I think we will look into this, but probably not in the supershort period.
March will be a busy month, and some of us are also going to visit the FESPA show in Amsterdam.

At a glance, this could probably be checked in the late March/April period
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login