Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Accessing Customer Design Session Feature Request/Suggestion

Posted by TysonHorlacher 
Accessing Customer Design Session Feature Request/Suggestion
November 16, 2015 01:03PM
Hello,

I wanted to put this on the forum just in case there was a community need or suggestions.

I have had to walk several people through designing things with the RTD. We have set up videos where people can get help and watch a video to do nearly anything with the designer, but we still get quite a few calls (on most orders).

Is there a way that when customer calls in while they are designing something, that we can access their design session and get a pointer finger on the internet screen and show or design their product with (or for) them.

I was just thinking this would be nice as we have found easy was to make borders (by making a transparent square and using an outline as the border) which seems to be easier to work with but customers don't readily understand.

Thoughts would be helpful.

Alex, If this can be done let us know and we'll send a build request through the system.

Tyson
cos
Re: Accessing Customer Design Session Feature Request/Suggestion
November 16, 2015 03:44PM
I would suggest to install the olark chat system on the rtd pages. They have a screen share feature that is instantly activated by you without any downloads or disruption with the user. It is the only system out there of this type. It's a long story, but it is licensed from another company that only leases to folks like Olark. All you will need is users approval to see them on the rtd page. Have a look at the Olark Features page near the bottom. They call it Olark Cobrowsing olark chat.
Re: Accessing Customer Design Session Feature Request/Suggestion
November 18, 2015 01:25PM
Tyson,

The RTD, at the end, is "just" a webpage. What you're asking for would be a screencast.
What Cos suggested, or in any case proposing your users to use a separate tool dedicated to screensharing, will be the the best options.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login